Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Trempealeau County Bucks >

Trempealeau County Bucks

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Trempealeau County Bucks

Old 11-28-2006, 07:14 AM

Default RE: Trempealeau County Bucks

I hunted in Buffalo and there was some snow left there too. If you would've been there when it did snow, the week before you would know why. We got pounded with snow for about 6 hours. Where I hunt in Buffalo I know we got over 12".
Old 11-28-2006, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

zs93 I'm not buying any of this.It's time you came clean.First off that's fake snow with a little red food coloring splashed around, and I Don't see any entrance or exit wounds. They're tame deer that posed with you and those tags are just their I.D. Tags. Come on admit it.LOL. But seriously those are two very nice bucks, congrats. (Did you leave any for me though ? )
Old 11-28-2006, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Taken this year or not they are two very nice deer. I still dont believe they were taken this year but congrats none the less.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:53 PM

zs93 I hunted the public land over by the Trempealeau/Buffalo County border. It is on County Road V. Saw great buck sign but didn't see a deer.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: TJD

I hunt just south of Arcadia. Snow coverage depended on where you were in the county and how much shade you had. We had almost no snow left, but when I ventured north on "tour", I noticed more snow.

Either way, nice bucks!

BTW, did anyone else get a look at the MASSIVE one that was taken around Independence opening day?
TJD I've seen pictures of the brute. It's an amazing animal. I go to the same school as one of the nephews, a buddy showed me the pics. They are sick. I'll try and get some up.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Spike

Here's the one you were talking about TJD...

Opening morning, 6:45. 15 points, 29 1/2" inside. WOWZERS...

Old 11-29-2006, 09:12 AM

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

ORIGINAL: zs93

Thanks wibowhntr. Both of these deer were in fact taken this year. They were taken on the far west side of the county, almost in Buffalo county. In fact we probably had four inches left on the property on opening day.

Wis Bow Hunter: Maybe you should get out in the woods before you accuse me of not shooting these opening weekend.
Thats kinda funny that you said that. I hunted the entire 9 days. I was over in the area you say you shot these. I did not see any snow.....?? Lets see the tags on the horns with month and year. Something doesnt make sense here, I know there was no snow there.
wis bow huntr I have seen very few positive posts from you lately. There was snow on the ground this year in the area he was hunting. Besides, you are hutning your farm around NEILLSVILLE! Sounds like you are a little sour because you had a poor season. Is that true?

BTW great bucks and congrats to the lucky hunters!!!

Old 11-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guy's, I see there is still a few decent hunters out there yet. Also, that is the deer that I seen in Arcadia. I heard that the main beam was broke cause the guy shot it off?? I can't imagine having buck fever with that hog coming down the trail lol. Either way that is just a brute.

wibowhntr - If you are hunting over there on Borst Valley public you should get in contact with me next hunting season. I am only a few miles from there as the crow flies.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

hey zs93, is the t-pee still up on the BORST PUBLIC HUNTING LAND?
The last time I was there, I was talking to a guy at the parking area and he told me the DNR told them that they had to remove it. Just curious.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:33 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

Here's the one you were talking about TJD...

Opening morning, 6:45. 15 points, 29 1/2" inside. WOWZERS...

THAT'S the one!!! And I heard (don't know if it's true) that he missed ANOTHER big one the next day!

Oh, and for the record, I don't see an exit or entry wound on this one either, and since the tag looks yellow in the picture, it must be a road kill. Also, since I see no snow I guess we have to assume it was shot in Missouri!

Quick Reply: Trempealeau County Bucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.