Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 MN. hunting question >

MN. hunting question

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

MN. hunting question

Old 11-22-2006, 12:21 PM

Default MN. hunting question

I have a question regarding deer hunting in Minnesota. Are there no deer there? I have been hunting in Northern WI over the past 15 years and it seems every year there are more and more MN hunters in the area. Now I don't have a problem with people from out of state coming to hunt - your dollars are more than welcome. What I find irritating is they have no hunting manners. Here are just a couple of things that happend this past weekend opener. Sneaking up behind a person on their stand and then shouting some guys name, walking straight through an area toward a hunter on stand overlooking that area and walking right past 15 yards away, dragging then gutting a deer (gut shot) on someones stand just because it's closer to a trail. We hunt public land andthey have committed no crime but if I'm walking through the woods and happen to spot another hunter hunting an area (blaze orange is very easy to spot) I try andavoid that area or reverse direction quietlyout of politeness. If I shoot a deer I try and make sure the gut pile is in a discreet location. And we never shout! How do I know they were from MN. They were staying in the cabin down the road from us. Like I said, I have nothing from people coming from out of state - we have two in our cabin that grew up here and come back to hunt- and we have our share of slob hunter too - it's just I've seen this behavior more from out of state people coming from the west in the past few years. I think as hunters in general we should all learn how our actions are precieved by fellow hunters and the public in general. I don't know about you all but I'm tired of hunters being considered some neanderthalby tree huggers.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:05 AM

Default RE: MN. hunting question

manfred ., i am from MN. and i have only hunted out of state two years that be N.D. i here ya on what you are saying ., and sorry you had to go thru that ., but hey better to keep them over there then over here. j/k/,no really,. im the same way ., i avoid screwing up others and there hunts., and if somebody was to come thru the woods and do all that ,.i think i would either quit hunting or just plan move., people like that should NOT be hutning!! IMO~ hope things go better for you .,
Old 11-26-2006, 06:29 AM
Typical Buck

I`ve only hunted in minnesota,there are to many mungs in the metro area durring shotgun so I stay out of the woods,I think northern mn. is a better bet for safety and courtesy,plus you can shoot a rifle.I would like to try bowhunting in wi. sometime,every year you guys are ahead of us on the registered boon and crocket list,but yes there are plenty of deer in mn.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:36 AM

ok after reading the first post ..
not all of us are slobs but there are a few in northern minnesota that ..
oh by the way theres 5 less der in minnesota that came off my own land..
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p26/icemanguides_2006/HPIM0031.jpg
oh sure it does help if you own your one land too but thers lots of state land too don't get me wrong..
Old 11-26-2006, 08:29 PM

Glad to hear there are some out there that were taught weel. I figure it'll be about a year or two and when they don't get much because of the way they hunt they'll move on or quit. In the mean time we have to put up with it because it's public land. Sorry to hear about the Hmong problem. As you may know we've had problems with that here in WI. We hunt just 30 miles north of where that all happened. We'll see what happens next year.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmmmm how do I respond to this. Considering I had to pull 2 pickups with WI plates out of a ditch this year over here in MN. Both WI hunters I pulled out wanted to repay me with a beer. I said OK. They pulled them out of their center councel the box of beer was about empty and I figured out where they went. So manfred we end up with some real class acts from the Badger state over here hunting also bud.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have exclusively hunted Minnesota. I think it's unfair to stereotype all Minnesotans like myself as this way. I can relate as there are fellow Minnesotans that do the same up where I rifle hunt. It's irritating, I know. But I have a hard time believing that there are not hunters from all states the same way. It may be that particular group that is just a bunch of slobs. That sucks.
We do have deer over here a estimated 1.3 million this year if I remember correctly. So to answer your question, we are not all slobs. I do feel your pain!
Old 12-03-2006, 12:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are morons in every state, I don’t want to get into the MN vs. WI thing I live in Stillwater so I see a lot of both when out hunting. I have ran across real bums, but I also suffer from “stuck up bow hunter” disease.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmong problem?

Like they are infesting the woods?

I think the natives had a European infestation back in the 1700's.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckmine

Hmong problem?

Like they are infesting the woods?

I think the natives had a European infestation back in the 1700's.

WTF Does this mean?

Quick Reply: MN. hunting question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.