Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Hey Michigan boys! >

Hey Michigan boys!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Hey Michigan boys!

Old 11-16-2006, 06:11 AM

Default Hey Michigan boys!

How was your gun opener? Just wondered, no one has posted anything, was it that bad? C'mon, your neighborly Hoosiers want the scoop!

My father in law shot a huge 8 (from what we hear, we will see pics next week) up in Atlanta at 8:30am.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hey Michigan boys!

Hear say was of an incredible opener. It was a pretty decent day, but I didn't see much.A lot of buck being shot, and a lot of people getting deer. Here is my dad's '06 U.P. buck. Delta Co.

Photobucket is under maintence, will upload soon.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

It was that bad...didnt even sound like deer season in Mecosta county...I saw one deer in 2 days of hunting....that is why I will be in IN in the am knockin down the big boy!!!
Old 11-17-2006, 09:25 AM

Nope I didn't see one deer at all in Jackson, not one, 12 hours in this ridiculously tinyportable 30' up overlooking a cedar swamp backing a corn field that had a funnel of woods to it and a winter wheat field the deer had to cross to the corn. NOT ONE DEER! I sat for over 12 hours, I got soaked with rain, and I didn't see a dam thing! What a friggin joke! I heard lots of shots, but never seen one. I washed all my clothes, made sure I got out quite, I did everything as perfect as I could. I treated the day like it was a bow hunt, very quite, etc. It really pisses me off because that was the only day I was able to hunt this whole gun season. A big F U to mother nature.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:50 AM

Ouch! Well, sorry to hear that guys!

Well, Indiana opens up tomorrow, I will be out with my muzzleloader. I've seen so many bucks throughout bowseason that my hopes are high. If I have half the luck in seeing them within gun range during bow season, I will be tagged out by 8:30am! That would be nice!

Well, hopefully tikki, you will be able to squeeze in another day somewhere, it has to get better!
Old 11-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Spike

the opener treated me good. me and a couple pals hunted our lease in Calhoun county and got a nice 8pt 2 does and a big 4pt. with lots of deer sightings. back in kent co. havent seen anything yet though.

[/align]
Old 11-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, he is my dad's 2006 opener. 8 point, 16" spread.

Old 11-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

I hunted up in Baldwin the 15th and 16th, shot a nice 6 point opening morning with a 16 inch spread, other than that things were pretty quiet up here. I got another place in Ottawa county that i hunt behind my cousins house, i bowhunted there a few times in october but didnt see much, now my uncle tells me this week that he saw a 14 pointer in his back yard twice this week, i think maybe i'll have to hunt there thanksgiving weekend, good luck to everyone.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tikki

Nope I didn't see one deer at all in Jackson, not one, 12 hours in this ridiculously tinyportable 30' up overlooking a cedar swamp backing a corn field that had a funnel of woods to it and a winter wheat field the deer had to cross to the corn. NOT ONE DEER! I sat for over 12 hours, I got soaked with rain, and I didn't see a dam thing! What a friggin joke! I heard lots of shots, but never seen one. I washed all my clothes, made sure I got out quite, I did everything as perfect as I could. I treated the day like it was a bow hunt, very quite, etc. It really pisses me off because that was the only day I was able to hunt this whole gun season. A big F U to mother nature.
DITTO! cept, i was in grayling, hunted wednesday-saturday and didnt see a single deer. and i didnt get wet, it was jus freakin cold and windy as heck. it sucked!!!!

and Robv2007, where abouts in ottawa county?? i live in ottawa county
Old 11-20-2006, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

and Robv2007, where abouts in ottawa county?? i live in ottawa county
Its pretty close to where you live, its on 8th avenue near the highway

Quick Reply: Hey Michigan boys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.