HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   what ya shooting this year in illinois gun season (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/165256-what-ya-shooting-year-illinois-gun-season.html)

tremolo 11-15-2006 10:53 AM

what ya shooting this year in illinois gun season

Anyone else gonna try with a handgun this year in illinois. I will be bringing my shotgun but i will mainly be hunting with a ruger super redhawk .44 mag. What will you guys be using this year?

danscott 11-15-2006 11:50 AM

RE: what ya shooting this year in illinois gun season

Plan to use my 50cal muzzleloader, but my carry a side arm as well if a real close opportunity comes up.

sportstalker 11-15-2006 03:35 PM

MY NEW BENELLI NOVA WITH A NIKON SCOPE. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO FILLING THE FREEZER WITH THIS RIG.

SuperRedHawk 11-15-2006 05:41 PM

I have the exact same setup. I bring my Winchester slug gun and a Super Red Hawk 44. I have'nt killed anything with it yet, but I can't wait to try it. Have you? Good Luck

bwhunter501 11-15-2006 08:07 PM

Im going to be using my winchester 1300 and i might bring along the .44 mag. for some close range doe's lol

Redneck Bill 11-16-2006 06:30 AM

I'll be using a
Remington 870 with a cantiliver scope mount smoothbore,with a Redfield scope and shooting Brenneke KO's

My son will be using a
Remington 870 with a Remington fully rifeled cantilever scope mount barrel,with a Leupold scope,shooting Federal,Barnes Expander slugs

Bill

tremolo 11-16-2006 07:14 AM

Havent got one yet with the handgun but im hoping this year is my year. Had a shot at a 8 pointer last year but my red dot scope failed on me. I think im gonna leave the shotgun in camp opening day and only bring the handgun. I really just want to get one with the handgun. I have my dad and brother for meat in the freezer. The spot i hunt should keep all shots inside of 35 yards so i feel comfortable that if i see anything i should have no problem with the handgun.

Well its time to pack up the truck and head out to deer camp.
We are going to have to start a illinois firearm season thread for all the pics. Hopefully i will have a few pics of my first handgun deer posted on sunday.

Good luck guys

Vince

Shootem up870 11-16-2006 07:24 AM

870 express super mag 12gauge. 20" rifled barrel with rifle sights. shooting winchester 3" sabots

buckmaster61081 11-16-2006 08:56 AM

Mossy 835 fully rifled cantilever, bushnell scope, 2.75" Remington Core-Lokts
Got 2 tags, once I fill one with that, will switch to my 50cal Knight thumbhole Wolverine.
Both guns have been extremely accurate for me.

buttonbuckmaster 11-16-2006 09:22 AM

Mossberg Trophy Slugster 12 gauge, 3 inch Breinneke Gold Sabots