Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Western Illinios Carroll County >

Western Illinios Carroll County

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Western Illinios Carroll County

Old 11-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Spike

Default Western Illinios Carroll County

Anyone hunting here? We all filled our tags last year. My son shot a huge 10 pt that scored 180.
Lots of scapes and some rubs.
Saw plenty of deer chasing each other and plenty of deer were corn was being cut.

RRT
Old 11-09-2006, 04:36 PM

Default RE: Western Illinios Carroll County

I go in northern Stephenson. I try to bow hunt down by the steph/carroll/jodaviess line.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:51 PM

I've been hunting carroll for 15 yrs. Close to pallasaides. Last week deer were active.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:46 PM

I hunt in neighboring Ogle County. We have had a fantastic 1st season.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:38 AM
Spike

We shot a small 7 pt. A decent 8 pt. and a big doe.I can't ever remember so few shots taken on the bluff we hunt. It seemed very quiet.
The farms next to us group hunt and drive about 30 hunters and they only shot two small does. Did anyone have better luck? It shoor s iterkgtwt
Old 11-20-2006, 08:23 AM
Spike

Key board froze. Anyone else think it was a slow weekend?

RRT
Old 11-20-2006, 03:21 PM

we had 14 guys with us, and we got 9 mostly small does and buttons. 1 big doe, and 1 small 10 pt. A lot of corn was still up so that had a lot to do with it. I think it was slow for everyone though.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:09 PM

My son and I hunt carroll county the savanna area. Friday heard very few shots. But my son got a buck and saw 12 other deer that day 9 where does. Saturday alot more shots heard I got a buck that day. We saw only three does. Sunday we only hunted till 9:00 am and I saw another buck no does. I talked to a group of 15 that hunt Jo Davies and they got 2 does but 5 bucks. Owner of the hotel said that guys were reporting seeing alot of bucks but not many does. Whats up with that. I bow hunt out there and and normallyI only see does but this year it has been just the opposite. I know that the rut was still on maybe this had something to do with it.
On a side note. the man that was shot and killed along with his dog was just plain bad to hear.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

My buddy in Carroll County and Stephenson County said it was the best first season ever. Between the 2 farms (about 1 mile apart but different counties) they shot an 11, 9 , 3 8's and a 7 plus a doe. Wish I could have been there!
Old 11-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Spike

I hunted carroll for the first time this weekend. Friday my friend that I was with shot nice 9, probably in the 150's. Sat. morning my 11 yr old nephew shot his first ever deer. I was a nice 9 probably pushing 130. My brother and I both missed a giant 180 class buck. I cant get the image out of my head of him in my scope and then running away. Misjudged the distance I guess. Probably saw about 30 does. I ended up with a button buck and so did my brother.

Quick Reply: Western Illinios Carroll County

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.