Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Take him or Leave him? >

Take him or Leave him?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Take him or Leave him?

Old 11-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Take him or Leave him?

Leave him. He is not a 150" deer. Like everyone else is telling you he is a young deer. This guy has potential. What's your hunting pressure like on neighboring properties? Will this deer please you? If this is the deer you want then take him. If you want a chance at a Booner then let him walk 2 more years. IN THE END DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY!
Old 11-03-2006, 10:42 AM

take him he is a good buck
Old 11-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, not quite 150, 135-140 IMO! Take him or leave him would depend on what else ya got running around. Is thisa monster for your area? If you know there are bigger deer, and you got plenty of time to hunt, then ya might concider leaving him.

But you know what they say, if you'd shoot him on the last day, probably better shoot him when ya get the chance!
Old 11-04-2006, 03:09 AM
Fork Horn

this is a nice buck for our area but there is bigger one's from what i have heard. we've have just started working some food plots this year and hopefully it will attract more. neighboring landowners on one side are letting the big one's walk with hope that they make it the next year. with the exception of the youth's that hunt are allowed to take a buck for there first kill if one walks up of any size. so i'm sure with a little more work on the food plots and a good harvest on some does, and with some luck we'll have bigger ones as this one i have posted. Good Luck to all this hunting season and be safe.......
Old 11-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

If you like him, take him. If he was on my land, Id pass on him.....but I ususally let the hunt dictate that. Last year I shot a 155in deer that chased does made a rub, and a scrape and I grunted him in......if he was 130in deer that did all of that... I still would have shot him.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:32 AM
Spike

I would say he would score around 130 or so.

I would definately take him too!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

As others have said, 125 - 130'ish. Taking him all depends on how effective you can manage the land. Sounds like the neighbors are willing to help out in growing bigger deer. If that is truly the case, I'd pass to let him mature into a bigger deer. If he walked under my tree where I'm currently hunting, he'd be down - based on not being able to manage the land (too small of an area with moderate hunting pressure from neighboring land - the kind of pressure that would not let this guy walk).
Old 11-07-2006, 02:16 PM

I'd probably take him if he walked by me.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya he looks like about 135" IMO but you cant be sure unless you get him personally i would take him hunless you are absolutly positivly sure you saw him last year then maybe just maybe pass him up but I cant say i would GOOD LUCK BROTHER
Old 11-10-2006, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

Looks to be a 9pointer??????

Quick Reply: Take him or Leave him?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.