Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

kansas rut!

Old 10-29-2006, 08:28 PM
Spike

Default kansas rut!

Ok went out all weekend and i know it was in the upper 70s today, i seen a few bucks but none showing any rut activity. what is the deal is it gonna be later this year? we have 3000acres and i havnt seen a fresh rub yet, i have noticed a couple huge scrapes below my stand, but no rubs. im not worried for i know it will heat up, i just was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:07 PM

Default RE: kansas rut!

My experience is normally the month of November with the hottest period being the second half.

No signs of rut activity where I'm hutning but hold on cuz it's a commin!
Old 10-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Spike

Napahunter - I hunt all public land in NE KS, went out this past Saturday and Sunday. Sunday, hadn't seen anything, decided to break out the old rattle bag and make some noise. Turned out there was a small buck beded down about 100 yards away from me in a ditch. He got up and jogged himself right on out of town. Now that's not the way it's supposed to happen!
Old 10-30-2006, 05:53 PM

It's gettin CLOSE! Almost hit one last night commin in from the pasture. They are moving
Old 10-30-2006, 06:05 PM

i gotta farm on the kansas/ SE nebraska boreder and have seen alot of scrapes
Old 10-30-2006, 10:20 PM
Spike

ive seen scrapes, but no rubs like this time last year, like i said im not worried. of the 3000 acres we have i think i can talk a deer to getting in range, i hunt in southeast kansas near fredonia (north 18miles) i think with the days getting shorter and some cold weather moving in it will get better this weekend
Old 10-31-2006, 10:40 AM

I'm not too far from you over by Howard. I'm still thinking were a couple weeks off from ground zero time but you can bet I'll be in the stand from here on through. Good luck to all of you, I hope Mr.Big comes to visit.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've noticed some rut-like behavior.Anda lot better activitythan the past 2 seasons, IMO. The weather has cooperated nicely this year. I've seen plenty of rubs and scrapes. But it's still just a little early. Give it another week, and things should start to rock.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:28 PM
Spike

joey r u kidding me if i shot a 190 class deer like you did id say hell yeah the rut is kicking in my area. nice buck did you rattle him in or just a lucky tree
Old 11-02-2006, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

My buddy is hunting Cloud county and is seeing a lot of fresh rubs and scrapes, and no chasing...as of last weekend. He did see a 150" buck, and several smaller bucks, just nothing chasing yet!
I head back the 8th for 10 days! Looks like my timing might be good!
On edit: There's so many BIG deer where Joey hunts, that he can nearly close his eyes and fling an arrow and hit one

Quick Reply: kansas rut!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.