Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
She bred, now she's dead. >

She bred, now she's dead.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

She bred, now she's dead.

Old 11-14-2002, 05:07 PM
nub

Default She bred, now she's dead.

I walked out my front door yesterday and seen a small 10 point chaseing a crippled up doe. This was in the dried up pond across from my front yard. He run her into some tall grass and mounted her right there in front of me. She seemed to be limping from her hind quarters. After they ran off, something inside me snapped and motivated me to grab my gun and head to the woods for a sit. I stayed in my stand the rest of the afternoon pumping some Scrape Juice into a steady breeze. Well just my earn a buck luck, I see 3 bucks total (1shooter) and I don't have a buck tag. I called my friend and neighbor to tell him of the days events and he informs me, he too has seen the crippled doe. In fact, he seen her get mounted 4 more times throughout the property. To make a long and poorly written story short, guess who was standing in the field next to my front yard this morning? Put it this way, I now have a valid buck tag. Looks like she was either hit by a car or grazed by a bullet on top of her rear end. The area surrounding this wound was hairless and appeared infected. When I took her to town and registered her, the DNR tech said she would guess her age somewhere between 9 and 12 years. Her teeth had some real funky looking problem and the tech said she most likely was haveing a hard time eating. The top of her hips was all skin and bone. Off came her head for testing. This is one deer I'm ok with throwing into the CWD dumpster.

Again wouldn't you know it, I sat all afternoon with a buck tag and saw squat.
Old 11-14-2002, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: She bred, now she's dead.

Wow, thats one old doe!!!!

Just curoius, are they still putting deer in the dumpsters and hauling them to the landfill? I thought they where worried about spreading the CWD this way?

"Im not a guide, but i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express recently"
Old 11-14-2002, 07:34 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Way to go! Sounds like you did good both filling the freezer, earning that buck tag, and taking her out. Doesn't sounds like she'd have seen next spring anyway.

JRW
Old 11-15-2002, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Meat THAT old isn't the best eating anyway !!!!!!

"If it sounds and looks too good to be true, it probably is !"
Old 11-15-2002, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Goodluck in your pursuit of the big ole boy!!

But that doe was just plain old!!

My Web Page
www.geocities.com/hfpmad