Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 SOUTH EAST MINNESOTA >

SOUTH EAST MINNESOTA

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

SOUTH EAST MINNESOTA

Old 10-25-2006, 09:54 AM
Spike

Default RE: SOUTH EAST MINNESOTA

hey everyone,

anymore noticeable activity in the minnesota woods yet. bucks are starting to move quite a bit here in iilinois. it has definetly been staying cold here. by the looks of it it going to stay cold up there too.
let me know how things look up there.

thanks alot
Old 10-25-2006, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

I went scouting this past weekend and sawlots big rubs and scraps. I scouted near corn and CRP fields. By the way things look, it's very promising. I went to another one of my favorite hunting area and busted a nice 8 point. I hope he comes back when gun season starts. Things should pick up more when season starts.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Spike

thanks for the info wolf,

where abouts in minnesota do you hunt?
ya i think we should have a good chance that the rut might be in full swing during first weekend.
i hope it stays cold though, but knowing my luck it will probably warm up the friday before deer hunting.
im not a hundred percent foresure but one year about 3 years ago it got real cold the night before deer hunting and when we woke up on saturday it was only 9 above. that morning we shot one six pointer, one eight pointer and one twelve. all within about one hour of each other and all within 300 yards of each other.
i think the cold makes em move, but i could be wrong.

Old 10-25-2006, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: minnesotahuntingnut

thanks for the info wolf,

where abouts in minnesota do you hunt?
ya i think we should have a good chance that the rut might be in full swing during first weekend.
i hope it stays cold though, but knowing my luck it will probably warm up the friday before deer hunting.
im not a hundred percent foresure but one year about 3 years ago it got real cold the night before deer hunting and when we woke up on saturday it was only 9 above. that morning we shot one six pointer, one eight pointer and one twelve. all within about one hour of each other and all within 300 yards of each other.
i think the cold makes em move, but i could be wrong.

I hunt by Wabasha County, Things are looking very good if the weather is like this or colder. The place where I'm hunting holds some big deer, I hope to get a crack at 1 of them when season opens. My bro saw a big, wide nontypical with a drop tine last week, that's the one I'm hoping to get a shot at. We saw that deer there for 3 years now. You are right the weather does play a role in deer movement. Let's just hope it is not warm like last year. OH well, we got a week and a couple of days before opener, hope it gets colder when season opens. Good luck guys and gals.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:05 AM

good to see another local bemidjien! i haven't been out much lately since the ducks are flyin, but i plan to hunt this weekend... i'll take your word and bust out the horns a little.. good luck and send some pics if you nail something.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:50 AM
Spike

I was down by caledonia this weekend. Saw two different 8 pointers with in 50 yards of each other making scrapes and rubs. Saw the same 8 pointer two nights in a row and shot him last night. Both bucks were chasing does with there noses to the ground. Heard one fight in the woods about 100 yards from me just couldn't see them becuase it's so thick where I hunt. My buddy also shot his first deer this weekend wich was a 6 pointer with a huge body on him. He was also chasing a doe when my buddy shot him. I would say it should be a very good gun opener if the weather cooperates!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was hunting this past saturday in West central MN and saw a bunch of scrapes on my property. They were literally 20-30 feet apart along the edge of the woods. Licking branches were tore up pretty bad too. The same evening I grunted in an basket 8 point but let him go. Good luck to you all on firearm opener this weekend.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

Starting to chase here in SE Minnesota!! Was out all day Wednesday and seen them chasing all morning, with some sightings of some big deer! Also had a shooter come by my tree at 8 yards while I was half way up my tree. Second year in a row this has happend to me!!!! It's starting to get really good out there.