Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 SOUTH EAST MINNESOTA >

SOUTH EAST MINNESOTA

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

SOUTH EAST MINNESOTA

Old 10-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default SOUTH EAST MINNESOTA

Hey anyone seen any pre-rut activity in SE MINNESOTA. Live between Rochester and Owatonna, have not seen many scrapes. Thinking about rattleing a little this weekend. Supposed to be cold and wet!
Old 10-18-2006, 07:35 PM

Default RE: SOUTH EAST MINNESOTA

I hunt in NE Iowa and as of last weekend there was not much rut sign. I grunted at a buck I could see and he looked and then went back to browsing. I'm thinking within the next week things are going to start picking up abunch.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Central Minnesota have not seen much rut activity where I am. Hopefully will be changing real soon.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:42 PM
Spike

hey fellow minnesota hunting folks,

i hunt near belle plaine minnesotabut i live in illinois. unfortionately i cant find any hunting land in illinois. we have a family farm in minnesota that we hunt. here in illinois i havent seen any rutting activity here. i sure hope things change pretty soon. opener of gun season in minnesota is slowly approaching.
i cannot wait, it is really the only time of year i get to hunt.
please keep me informed as to any of you seeing any activity and share with me any pics you all might have.

thanks and safe hunting to everyone
Old 10-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

I live about 20 miles south of Rochester. I have seen alot of scrapes and they seem to be getting hit pretty hard - mostly at night though, I'mstill not seeing much for buck activity during daylight hours.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt near Wabasha and have seen very little sign. One little scrape and very few rubs. Still a lot of corn in, hopefully things pick up before my three day vacation just prior to gun season. I sure wish MN gun season was one week later.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty slow start up here in North Central MN.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:29 AM
Spike

hey guys thanks for the updated info. some of my hunting partners who live in minnesota went out in the woods this weekend and found little if next to nothing as far as scrape and rubs. but down here in illinois i have seen alot of does in my back yard but no bucks. my brother had a 6 and a 4 pointer in is back yard on sunday morning. 3 does came in about 5 min later and the 6 pointer started chasing them. so it seems that some rutting activity has started down here. i always say that if it is going on down here something has got to be going on up there. i heard about a guy from minnesota hunting in wisconsin last weekend and he shot a nice buck and it was in full rut, so he says. neck swollan and glands steaken.
i guess we will have to see what happens over the next week, my buddies are going to go back in the woods next weekend and do some more scouting. i will try to keep you all informed.

safe hunting all
Old 10-24-2006, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

Up here around Bemidji, I've been seeing many scrapes this past week and a number of bucks chasing does in my fields. I rattled in 2 small bucks this past weekend while bowhunting, so the bucks are definately in the mood. Happy Hunting! Taz
Old 10-24-2006, 08:53 AM
Spike

thanks for the info taz. i am just so excited to get up to the ol hunting woods again this year.
i hope the cold weather keeps going. then maybe friday the 3rd it can drop all the way down to 10 above.
keep em moving ya know.

well good luck everyone this year

Quick Reply: SOUTH EAST MINNESOTA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.