Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Illinois Deer Pins >

Illinois Deer Pins

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois Deer Pins

Old 10-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Illinois Deer Pins

Well i went to order a archery pin because i shot a doe yesturday and some of you might remember that last year you just filled out a little bit of info and they sent them to you. Well now im reading that you have to go pick one up if you want it at the Illinois Department of Natural Resources! looks like im not getting any pins this year....im not driving all that way just for a pin.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Illinois Deer Pins

Yeah, I saw that too. I have the location of the nearest office printed out on my desk. I might stop in when I'm in the neighborhood, but I don't think I'll be making a special trip.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

That terrible, unreal....send the stupid pins IL.....
Old 10-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

Yeah, I saw that too. I have the location of the nearest office printed out on my desk. I might stop in when I'm in the neighborhood, but I don't think I'll be making a special trip.
Where's the nearest one at up here? Only reason I like them is, I always forget what year I shot bucks in
Old 10-06-2006, 12:39 AM
Fork Horn

So typical. Ever since Uncle Rod took the reins, Generations of great hunting traditions have bit the dust. (Things like over the counter hunting permits in time for spring turkey season, state duck stamps, and out of state family actually being able to afford to hunt the family farm without ebaying one of their kids in order to buy a permit just to name a few)

ShawneeSlinger
Old 10-06-2006, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt in IL

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

Where's the nearest one at up here? Only reason I like them is, I always forget what year I shot bucks in
Bartlett.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:31 PM
Fork Horn

Ahh nice, that's right around the corner.

Thanks
Old 10-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

i got my first this morning and was dismayed at the sight of having to go to the office to pick up pins . i was pleasantly surprised when i took the deer to the locker and they have a supply of archery and shotgun pins
Old 10-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Although I understand some think they are cool, I for one could care less about a pin. I am more concerned with the new cheap tags that we have to supply our own fasteners for and the fact Illinois did away with the check stations last season. I am so disappointed in the way the system is run these days.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

Talked with the local shop tehat sells deer permits. He told me hes getting a box of pins to distribute to hunters. Hes been told most of all the old check stations can get these to hand out. Hunters then call in to get your confirmation number for your tag and then you show the shop that number and you get your deer pin. They are trying to save on postage and still be able to get them to the hunters. Last year they mailed the pins out one at a time in seperate envelopes. You shot 2 deer they mailed two pins in two envelopes.

Im sure they will change the system again next year.

And im with Cougar these new tags suck. Yes I like the computer system but these tags are not going to last. I wonder how many will be ripped off the animal before they make it out of the woods. Good idea, but these things need to be improved.

Don

Quick Reply: Illinois Deer Pins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.