Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 11-09-2006, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Js I have a friend that lives in Charleston and he said they are starting to chase. Good luck.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went this morning to the stand where i saw the big 8 a few days ago. Had a basket racked 9 pointer come in at 5 yards at about 8am. He had at least 2 points coming off his left brow tine, weird looking rack. I let him go and then seen 4 doe the rest of the morning. Going to try and go again in the AM, Saturday is looking bad right now with winds and rain.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw tons of deer again today. Every buck is chasing/tending does..all day! Saw a 5pt get pushed around by a 6pt this afternoon...lasted about 2 seconds..very cool! Bucks aren't responding to any calling..they're locked in on does.

Had smaller deer around me, only 1 decent doe within range..but held back b/c there are some huge does that just haven't crossed to our land yet.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Since I've been working, I haven't been able to go out, but we've had a lot checked in at the archery shop.

For anyone close to Kokomo, I want to invite you guys to the Sears Friends and Family Night. It'll be this Sunday from 6pm-9pm (After hours).
You'll get the After Thanksgiving Day prices PLUS an extra 10% off.

Even if I'm not working, I'll more than likely be there to get the great prices. I think jewelry will be 50% off then add the extra 10% off that. My kind of prices!

If anyone asks, though I doubt anyone will, tell them that Monie, from Appliances invited you.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:18 AM
Typical Buck

Took off school yesterday and went. I saw 31 for the day. Sat all but one hour. 13 different buck ranging from 3 inch spikes to a couple in the low 130's. So in other words no shooters. None were showing signs of rutting even though I know its going on. Hopefully it will pick up this week end and be better hunting than yesterday/
Old 11-10-2006, 05:18 PM

I think its getting heated up here in central Indiana, with this cold weather comming this weekend it should force the bucks to become more active, I know the cold weather does'nt have anything to do with the rut but i do belive it gets them fired up and bredding during daylight hours instead of night time.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

They were running around like crazy yesterday when it was 60°.

Today however, was a different story. Leave my house and it was beautiful out. After an hour of driving, winds shifted and picked up. I about got blown out of my stand twice...my bow was being blown so hard the nocked arrow was pointed straight down a few times...my Coke Zero blew out of it's holder, hit a foot peg, then litterally blew up. It was funny, but was all I could stand. Got down, sat next to a tree for a couple hours.

I did see TONS new rubs and scrapes...so that was cool. Don't know if I'm going out tomorrow...weather report looks evil.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

There was a lot of high school football regional games postponed tonight due to the weather, that doesnt happen very often. At about 8pm it just started pouring here and the winds were gusting upward of 40 mph. We had some lightning too. It's calmed down for now but the winds are supposed to be pretty gusty all day tomorrow. I'd think huge drop in temps would get them moving, but if we have high winds they will probably stick pretty tight to the cover. Sunday is looking like a much beter day.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

The wife went away for the weekend to her parent's new house..and I'm bored out of my mind. I may just go out tonight...especially if the winds start coming out of the north.

Last night was crazy..winds were blowing someone's plastic lawn chairs down the street...along with every trash can people left out. I don't fear the wind...but high winds/rain/snow coupled togetherisn't for this guy.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went tonight and right before dark they were moving everywhere. Saw 18 deer total. 11 of them were standing in a cut corn field by where i park my truck. Had one doe walk about 10 yards away from me, didnt see it though till it was almost past me. I couldnt hear her due to the wind. Hope this means good things to come in the morning.

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.