Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 10-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

ORIGINAL: redneckhunter09

What part of Indiana do you guys/gals hunt? I'm in Pulaski County..unfortunately I haven't been up to the woods yet this year due to prior commitments..How are the deer running up north?
Miami, Wabash and Cass counties
Old 10-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

I'm hunting southwestern part of Kosciusko County. Pretty slow so far, but I have not been out a whole lot. I don't get to excited until the last week of October, especially the days surrounding Halloween.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im hunting cass county but havent been out yet. Maybe the end of this week and deffinitely next week i will be out.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:01 AM
Typical Buck

My numbers so far through last night the 16th. 10 days hunted in Jackson and Jennings Co. 40 hours, 10 deer seen
6 days hunted in Jefferson/Switzerland counties. 48 hours, 124 deer.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt in Southeastern Indiana around Franklin County. I am in heavy equipment school right now and I am only home on the weekend so I havent been able to hunt much but what I have I haven't seen very many deer the property just isn't producing like it used to be couple years ago you could go hunting everyday and see a deer everytime you go hunting but i only seen small little deer no mature deer at all. But I only have two weeks left in school so then I will be able to pour on the hunting and hopefully kill a nice mature buck and a couple does.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:22 PM

I was wondering how many bowhunters there are hunting the Mississinewa res. in the early season. I have recently moved about 20 minutes south of the reservoir, but haven't has time look it over. I don't want to go wondering around and mess up anybodies hunt. Just looking for a place to get some meat for the freezer.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt Mississinewa. There are a few hunters out there, but not as many as firearms. When opening day of firearms hits, STAY HOME! Those guys are friggin nuts! A friend and I were out last year on the firearms opener. Some guy shot a buck and came tromping along like he saw exactly where the deer went. My friend and I tracked it for a ways, before the guy got there, then told him which way it went. He didn't say thanks or kiss my butt. He got on his cell and called his buddy...tromping through the thicket, not even looking for blood. He was just looking like he was looking for the deer. What a BOOB!

Anyway, as far as places to hunt, I hear S1N is good. I usually hunt 1, at least I think it's 1. It's over by Red Bridge. Lots of deer, if you can slip in at the right time. There's an old man that lives down 1050 S, just off of Old Slocum Trail, who wants the deer gone, They tear up his garden. It's a big deal because he doesn't eat meat anymore. Anyway, there's a parking area. Take the trail to the right of the parking area, there will be a sstand of trees and a ridge that runs along side. Deer run that ridge to get from the fields to their bedding area. I haven't hunted there this year. I've been going with friends.

Hope this helped.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

great help monie ive hunted roush lake byhuntingtonthis year and never saw another hunter most of my hunting when im at college is around north manchester
Old 10-18-2006, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have never hunted Mississinewa, but i do go over there alot in the early spring and fish for crappie right in the area you are talking about Monie. It's just before the red bridge, there is a bend in the road and if you go straight it takes you right up to the lake, there is a gravel area to park. Before they raise the water level there i catch crappie off the bank. Earlier this year when i was coming home i seen a TON of deer in a field in that area, im not sure what the road is, but it was the first one off of slocum trail. Go over the bridge all the way out to the first stop and take a right. There used to be another guy on here that bow hunted all the time at Missisinewa but havent seen him around lately, he seemed to always do ok over there.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:50 AM

I live and hunt in Harrison Co. I also hunt Crawford, Orange and Perry Co's at times. I'm fairly new to this forum and have just come across this section. This is the kind of sight that can be very helpful as it has been with some of my other post. I hunted the first 2 weeks of bow as I was layed off. The deer at that time were hitting the red oaks hard. Killed a nice doe on the 14th. Full moon at the time combined with warm conditions made it difficult getting to stands as the deer at the time were bedding and feeding in same area especially in the morning.Buck activity was starting to pick up as rub lines was being formed. No scapes as of the 15th, but I have just spot checked a few areas not to disturb The areas until the timing is right. Back to work this week and will be off the next 2 weeks so my first day back in groove will be Friday evening if things go as planned. Looking forward to getting some updates of what is going on from you guys. I will post and share what I see going on in my neck of the woods. Seen several bucks in first couple weeks but no shooters. Should start to bust wide open as the chase/seek phase begins. Let the small ones go and wait for the bigun. Good Luck!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.