Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 10-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

I've only been out a couple times. Its hard to get to excited about this early season hunting. I saw a couple opening morning. I dropped my freakin bow out of my tree Monday morning. Thankfully the only thing that broke was my arrow that was knocked. I start getting excited after Oct. 25. The days that surround Halloween are my favorite. I'm not going to ruin my spots in the early season.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

They are starting to pick the corn in some places now. It's earlier than normal.. and later than normal for the beans.

I did get out to Franklin county tonight... and jumped 3 does on the way to the stand.. those were the only deer I've seen all season.. while in the woods. We did get the chips out of our digicams though.. and have 10 different bucks on camera.. w/ 3 definate shooters.. And lots of does. The digicam showed that alot of the deer were nocturnal... I don't know if it's due to the heat or what.

Starting to get excited... but I don't go too overboard till late Oct to early Nov. I think I'm gonna take the whole week before firearms off again this year. Kinda sucked last year.. but it was aweful warm last year too.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Typical Buck

i didnt get to excited early until i shot a 154 oct 15, 2004 we have a extra week before gun this year
Old 10-12-2006, 03:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

That extra week this year is making me shy away from bucks so far..knowing in November..they will be everywhere.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:42 AM

What do you mean we have an extra week before gun season? What did I miss or simply not know about? I thought our gun season seemed to be starting early this year... I'm confused, but then again, I haven't really read the reg's this year, all I know is Oct. 1st I can start shootin'! LOL

What is it that I don't know about this extra week?
Old 10-12-2006, 06:07 AM
Spike

Firearms season starts the first Saturday after the 11th. The earliest it can start is the 12th like last year. The latest it van start is the 18th like this year.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:53 AM

Okay, I'm maybe a little too focused on bow hunting right now, LOL, so it is going to start ON the 11th or on the 18th? I guess I could look on the IDNR site and save you guys the typing.

Okay, I just looked it up... lol the 18th.

Well, happy for us bowhunters, but I was kinda hopin' it would be kinda early this year because my mom is hunting for the first time this year, and she is allergic to the cold... Yes, I'm serious, she literally is, she breaks out in hives all over her body and if she eats ice cream her tongue swells up and her lips and everything... she is on medication for it, and it helps a ton, but I am hoping for a couple decent high 40's low 50's days in gun season for her sake. I'm hoping to be tagged out by gun season so I can concentrate on making a good couple of hunts for her.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

The extra week this year should make for some incredible bowhunting in mid novemeber without question. I was just out at the place where i hunt to check up on the fields, corns and beans up everywhere. Did the see landowner with his semi out so hopefully this weekend he gets started.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

That "extra" week really helps bowhunters. We get to hunt while the peak rut is going on, where as recently the weekend warriors with their shotguns are out there shooting anything that moves.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

How do i put it WIND WIND WIND

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.