HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Where do you hunt in the UP of Michigan (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/150454-where-do-you-hunt-up-michigan.html)

woody19792000 08-04-2006 03:31 PM

Where do you hunt in the UP of Michigan

Southern iron county near mansfield township

Guss 08-05-2006 07:42 PM

RE: Where do you hunt in the UP of Michigan

Alot of the places I bow hunt are within 15 min of MQT. I also hunt southern mqt county and delta, were I killed my first turkey this spring.

Good luck this fall

rcgerchow 08-07-2006 06:21 AM

Delta County, around Stonington for the last 14 years.

flcracker 08-07-2006 10:35 AM

when i make it home.....mead land over in menominee county.....but probably now i will start hunting outside of trenary....since i just bought a 40 there........just one step closer to paradise and ready to get the hell out of florida

YooperMike 08-07-2006 01:32 PM

Currently living in IL, but I hunt in UP in Iron County near Amasa.

nodog 08-07-2006 09:11 PM

"....since i just bought a 40 there........just one step closer to paradise and ready to get the hell out of florida"

I looked at 40 up thereand thought seriously about it until I saw the average snow fall. And your coming from Florida. That will be quite a shock.:DI live just over the border in Ohio and it's still 10 hours to the U.P. That is one long state. Still I'd love to be there some time during deer season just for the experience.

RDHunter 08-08-2006 07:56 PM

I had my first bear hunt in oactinonggan ( I hope I spelled that right )

finner 08-09-2006 09:23 AM

I had my first bear hunt in oactinonggan ( I hope I spelled that right )
your close RD its not easy...lol did you mean "Ontonagon"
How did you do on your our bear hunt Rd?

I hunt mostly in northern houghton county, and a little up in keweenaw county.....

RDHunter 08-09-2006 02:23 PM

[blockquote]quote:

I had my first bear hunt in oactinonggan ( I hope I spelled that right )[/blockquote]
your close RD its not easy...lol did you mean "Ontonagon"
How did you do on your our bear hunt Rd?

I hunt mostly in northern houghton county, and a little up in keweenaw county.....

Yea , l o l Thats what I meant and it's that you would ask becuase it was the first time I ever hunted for bear and I didn't really knew what I doing .
To make a long story short, as I went to the stand I walked acrossed the bait pile and up the tree.
Well after waiting about 1/2 hour or so I felt something on the tree, as I looked down there it was a bear climbing up the tree I was sitting in.
I didn't know what to do , I couldn't shoot thru the platform so I started throwing everything I had in my backpack.
I panicked and was yelling and screaming.
Then my freind came around and scared the bear off and I got down.

sagers 08-12-2006 01:26 PM

Menominee county near Ingalls.