Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Im looking for a kansas Kiowa county Deer tag please contact me if you can help >

Im looking for a kansas Kiowa county Deer tag please contact me if you can help

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Im looking for a kansas Kiowa county Deer tag please contact me if you can help

Old 07-17-2006, 11:30 AM

Default Im looking for a kansas Kiowa county Deer tag please contact me if you can help

Thanks. [email protected] 334-612-8342
Old 07-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Im looking for a kansas Kiowa county Deer tag please contact me if you can help

IfNR Hunterswouldn't support the T-Tag scam, then you'd have much better chances of drawing NR tags in the first place. Just my 2 cents...
Old 07-24-2006, 08:09 PM

Default RE: Im looking for a kansas Kiowa county Deer tag please contact me if you can help

The kansas locals cant wait for tag season they see that as a paycheck if they draw. most of the tags go to non hunters who just put them on the market for 5 times face value. But hey if you didnt hunt wouldnt you. They dont like out of staters anyway. But they shouldlook at the numbers and see what the economy does in that state during hunting season. they probably wouldnt be able to know what the numbers meant anyway, but god bless them they are some of thefinest people north of the mason dixon and hard workers so they deserve a little gravy once every 3 years when they draw.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's not that Kansas residents don't like out of staters. Most residents are more than willing to help a first timeNR hunter with a little guidance. What most residents don't like is when NR hunters can't wait their turn to hunt, and cheat the system by buying T-Tags, and/or non-resident leasing.

Think about it. Why should a resident have a chance to draw a NR tag, only to resell it without any liability of hunting land. Only a NR should be able to draw a non-resident tag. By supporting T-Tags you're supporting a system which bites you in the first place. It's obvious that T-Tags and NR hunting helps the economy. But using hunting as an economic tool is a bad idea for Kansas deer hunting. Kansas has steered that direction in the past few years, andthe Deer Hunting Resourcehas hada negative impact from it.

I'm sorry as I'm not trying to direct this personally towards you, but to the multiple posts made throughout nearly every hunting forum I go to.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:01 PM

So is the non-res hunter at fault for trying to acquire a t-tag? I would rather all these tags be in the regular drawing but ifT-tags areavailable why not try to get one. I am also a firm believer that KS should keep it a drawing and do not go to OTC for non-res.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's not just the NR which is at fault.There aregreedy residents as well. The whole T-Tag idea is a scam. It's nothing more than making additional money from someone by doing nothing "extra", and taking chances and opportunities away from the avg. joe, which can't afford it.

It's one thing if it's a transferrable "hunt own land" type of tag, where the landowner can transfer a tag to anymore to hunt their own land. The landowner can then retain some responsibility. I've read plenty of posts where NR hunters are looking for tags because they were unsuccessful. I've also seen several posts (on various forums) with KS outfitters have "too many" tags, and are giving them away with for free, with a guidedhunt. To me that's just not right.

I'm also a firm believer in not having OTC tags. The OTC tag idea seems to have little support by both residents and non-residents. We all need to keep fighting that, and the T-Tag issue. I'm trying to fightfor you guys, so next time, you'll have a better chance to draw that tag, without your tag going to the highest bidder or some outfitter which cons you into using their service, for a tag. To beat the corrupt T-Tag system,don't support it, fight against it. Just my 2 cents, from a life-long Kansas Resident and Hunter.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was sent a long survey from KS. just recently. It consisted of about75 or so questions, that ranged from the T-tag, to late season doe hunts, to the early season muzzleloader, possible state wide archery, etc. I read it as the state has put together a group of people to do some research on many different topics, and trying to find information as to how hunters fill, non-hunters fill, and non-resident hunters fill, about how the state handles the deer herds.
Hopefully, there will be some changes coming from this all, and hopefully the T-tag goes away.
Also, I just read in the archery forum that KS. has announced that there are over 2000 left over rifle permits for this winter. There's a link there also, not all units have left over tags, and they will be available first come first served Aug. 1st, I believe!!
Old 07-26-2006, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

My buddy was sent that survey as well. It was a good survey. I didn't receive one, but at least they're getting feedback from hunters. I'll be heading to the meetings here in August as well.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:22 AM

As a non-resident I will try to get a t-tag. I do not support it but that is the way it works. If it's the difference between me being able to hunt there or not I am going to try to get a t-tag. I am not going to pay much more than face value though. It may sound 2 faced but I really want to hunt in KS.