Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Please Help

Old 11-02-2002, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Please Help

hello guys i have a very serious question here. I am a bowhunter from Ohio and in the early season i was seeing does almost every time i went out. well in the last couple of the weeks i havent seen anything and i was wondering if A. it could be because my stand is in the same location or B. we have been sighting in our rifles for our Missouri hunt about 200 yards from my stand. Also i havent been able to find any buck sighn just a lot of does dose this mean there are no bucks in the aarea thanx please help
Old 11-03-2002, 07:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Please Help

Well i will try to offer some help.

The deer may have found a different food source to use and with the rut kicking in it does change their travel patterns and where and when they move. The farm i hunt here was the same way. I was seeing 15-20 deer a night the first week. Then nothing or jus a couple until the last week or so. Now im seeing some does but no bucks. You find the does at this time of the year, the bucks WILL show up soon. When the rut kicks in they will be looking for the "girls".

Im startimg to find buck sign in the last week here. They are moving at night a lot.

Maybe move your stand, or add another one. Deer will pattern you just like you do them. Make sure your hidden also. When the leaves fall off (now) sometimes you end up sitting out like a sore thumb.

Im sure sighting in the rifle doesnt help but i dont beleive they will leave the area totally just by you firing a handful of shots. They may be nervous for a bit there but i cant see them leaving the area forever.

"Im not a guide, but i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express recently"
Old 11-14-2002, 07:46 PM

Default RE: Please Help

If the does are there then the Bucks are not far behind!As far as your shooting goes I have seen many deer when they hear a shot and I have yet to see them take off because of a shot 200 yrds away.They look up and listen for your approach to them or if a bullet comes wipping by them they will run,they are no strangers to a gun shot and unless they smell you ,see you or hear you close to them they will not go far, especially leave the area for good because that is there stomping grounds.Good luck and hope you get your buck soon!

TVV