HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Tigerton Lumber Company Property (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/130724-tigerton-lumber-company-property.html)

arrows only 01-27-2006 11:16 PM

Tigerton Lumber Company Property

[:'(]I heard that 10,000 acres of the best public hunting in Wisconsin has vanished! The land owned by Ort Lumber has been in Forest Cropland statues,therefore open to public use.It's done for tax reasons...

The next thing I hear today is that 5000 acres in Waupaca & Shawano county's has been leased off in 80 acre parcels & it's all sold....

Anyone here in central Wisconsin know whats up ?

:(It's true ! ! !
Went to my usual spot in Waupaca county today and confirmed my suspicions,
The gate was cut, & a sign with a plot map...
ALL TIGERTON LUMBER COMPANY LAND IS CLOSED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC !
as of January 1, 2006 along with their phone number.
160 acres of oaks, corn, & cedar swamp all together in one spot !

live2hunt743 01-28-2006 10:40 AM

RE: Tigerton Lumber Company Property

I live in Kronenwetter and have heard nothing about that. Dissappointing though. I've heard that landowners can enroll in two different programs..help me out here, something like the New Forest Crop Law or the Managed Forest Law? Anyway, when a landowner enrolls in one of them then their land becoms open to the public to hunt and fish. Just a little food for thought....

Beagle001 01-28-2006 10:33 PM

yep its true. my land touches some of it and it will help us but its sad to have to stop ppl from hunting.

turkeyhunter_15 01-29-2006 01:52 AM

I feel bad for the guys who cant afford or have an option of hunting private land. Our land is right next to Public, Never had problems with tresspassers.

Theinespines3 01-29-2006 10:36 AM

We were looking at tryin toget some of that land, but the catch is...when you buy it they still have rights to log anything over 12'' for the next two years. So you buy a nice piece of land with large hardwoods or whatever and then within 2 years your land is logged and your spot is ruined!!!

We stayed away from it. I guess its pretty expensive to lease the land too.

We found 40 acres that needs some work, but we will own it and its in the same area. Now we wont have to worry about logging.
Theinespines

Beagle001 01-29-2006 08:16 PM

We always had problems with guys sitting right on our line fence and sometimes beyond it. what area are u looking at inespines? the stuff by me is good hunting. i can show you where the best spots are;)

turkeyhunter_15 01-29-2006 11:12 PM

tomarrow 5pm:D

Theinespines3 01-30-2006 05:58 PM

Beagle
We are looking anywhere near shawano. We have a cabin on Legend Lake and would not mind huntin up north. We are now on land that is about 5 miles outside of the DEZ. So up north would be great.

If you wanna let me in on the secerts and the places to go........that would be awesome.

Thanks
Theinespines

jeffgdh 08-08-2009 11:04 AM

Not all of Ort's land is closed. Still have 80 of 97 acres by me right outside of Big Falls. But as of next year it will all be leased out.They still can not lease the last 80 out because of forest management or whatever it is called.
We have had a lot of problems with tresspassing , parking and driving on private property.Now the last 80 is land locked and no one can get close to it cause all the land owners surrounding the 80 will not let anyone cross his/her land to get to it. It's ASHAME that a few people screw it up for everyone else.

WIbuckchaser 08-08-2009 06:14 PM

I live near Pike Lake in Chippewa County and have not seen any signs on the Ort land north of there.