Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Huntin near Antio Wi >

Huntin near Antio Wi

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Huntin near Antio Wi

Old 01-09-2006, 07:50 PM

Default Huntin near Antio Wi

So my granddaddy and i are looking at some hunting land and have an offer on 40 and the neighbors say we hunt yours you hunt ours.

Well just wondering what yall know about the area and how any kinda huntin is.

Well thanks for your help

Theinespines

Old 01-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Huntin near Antio Wi

Im not quite sure of Antigo exactly, but i drive through it on the way to our property about 15 miles north (Elcho). Antigo looks like alot of farmland, and i would say go for it. My uncle works for the state and they get tons of deer in their food plots. As for the deer numbers, I think the DNR needs to split up unit 42. Antigo is all flat farmland and north of there is wooded hilly country. 2 completely different habitats and deer #'s IMO. My hunting party (about 9 guys) has had on and off success in the years i have been hunting (5). One year we had 9 deer off of our property and even the smaller deer were big. This year we shot 3 does and only saw about 15 total. here are a few deer cam pics from this year. Good Luck w/ whatever you decide.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d128/Schobs/10.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d128/Schobs/img004_edited.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d128/Schobs/11.jpg

hope this helps
Old 01-10-2006, 10:26 AM

Default RE: Hunting near Antigo Wi

I hunted in Antigo this year and we did NOT see any bucks. My soon to be brother in law and I hunted on his 80 acre property and we saw lots of tracks and he bagged a decent sized doe on opening weekend and I bagged a doe on Thanksgiving day but that was it... There are deer out there, but it seems like a lot of doe and fawn. Maybe all the bucks were taken in the bow season???

-- Grafto --
Old 01-10-2006, 07:28 PM

its supposed to be decent hunting up there. i live about 30 minutes South.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:12 PM

So the land is a little ways away from Antigo.....its just outside of Bowler. I figured not to many know of the small town so i asked antigo.

I called the neighboring land owners last night and they said they all said they were skunked. The land is right on Highway d.....the new one they just redid and took part of the property in the front. So ya think it was just all the work done right there or was would the deer population be bad in the area?

The land is kinda thick with the Hemlock so there is work to be done and there is a couple of farm fields on the rear of the property. So there will be some clearin in the woods done and i think maybe some food plots. Idk though cause we have never done the private land thing so its all so new!! but also exciting.

Any help or ideas?

Thanks a ton!
Old 01-11-2006, 03:42 AM
Bartender

I hunt just east of Antigo near Elton off of highway 64. Some years great hunting some years tough
hunting. We hunt the timber company and county land. We have some pics on fraleybigwoods.com.
As for deer numbers they are not great especially since the T Zone seasons off and on.
Good Luck

Old 01-11-2006, 03:45 AM
Bartender

Where abouts is the land?
Old 01-13-2006, 08:13 PM

my friend hunts over by bowler. actually i think hes like right by you over there. he has tough hunting because he is surrounded by indian reservation, so they have very few deer.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:32 PM

The land is right at the intersection of highway D and Bierman Rd. We are on the west side of D.

Grandpa put in an offer and we are just waiting for it to be accepted!!

Kind of exciting.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:19 AM
Bartender

A friend we rent a house from is right up to the reservation on the north side in langlade county. We cant hunt
the property we rent the house but there is sure some big bucks around. Up that way a lot of baiting goes on
and hunters have those small looking house on stilts they hunt from.

Quick Reply: Huntin near Antio Wi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.