HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Ohio gun season activity update (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/122891-ohio-gun-season-activity-update.html)

Hotburn76 11-28-2005 08:57 PM

Ohio gun season activity update

Just wanted to start a thread on ohios gun season opener today. Lets try to keep each other up to speed, their has to be lots to talk about! And we got to do better than the indiana boys cause they obviously have lots to talk about-lol:D But today was a success for me. Been bow hunting hard all year and haven't had a deer within fifty yards of my stand and at 7:20 this morning I had what was an eight pointer with a busted rack fifteen yards from me. After calming down the knight inline did its job. Deer ran forty yards a crashed. Then the day started to go down from their. Went to check in the deer and they wanted to know ifI would donate my head for CWD testing, did not plan on mounting it soI said sure, and they said they would cut the antlers/ skull cap off for me. Felt like I was being a good man for the DNR. But when I came back from the paper work the idiot took not only the head but cut the neck off almost into the shoulders. I did not say anything I just thought lesson learned. Then to make the day really bad got deer home and went to make phone call and realized I lost my phone somewere in the woods. But anyways lets here from you all with your stories.

shpines 11-29-2005 06:55 AM

RE: Ohio gun season activity update

Didn't get anything here, but saw 4 does yesterday am. Could't get a good shot an them. Dad saw 2. A friend of ours got a really nice 10 point though. They are planning on this being a record year, I read it in the local paper.

Deer_OU812 11-29-2005 01:44 PM

Alot ofgun hunters are piss offyesterday because the rain we had ! he he !

I saw alot of deer on the first 2 weeks of Nov ,I shot 8 pointer on Nov 7th with bow in Ohio .
my goal was get a deer before gun season starts !so i don't have to worry about these gun hunters walking around or pushing deer on the move .

I wish Northwest ohio could harvest 3 deer like southernohio does !

deer ou812

Hotburn76 11-30-2005 10:27 AM

Took my nephew out yesterday and decided not to buy another tag because of him not getting one yet so I sat with him. Buy 6:30 the little guy had the hat pulled over his face and was out cold, which I thought was a good thing because of how restless he gets. I woke him up after about an hour and then about thirty yards to our left a nice eight point came walking very fast out of the woods with his nose to the ground. I finnaly got him to stop at about sixty yards away with a grunt tube and my nephew shot twice, and missed, the deer rantwenty-thirty yards and stoped and turned arount to look at us and i grabed the gun and told him to calm down lay the gun on the log and aim a little high. He did and Iknew it was good because the deer almost jumped his back legs over his head.Then ran into the woods and crashed. My nephew thought he missed again but I new better but did not say I just wanted him to try andlook for the deer.I have no kids but that moment when he spoted the buck waspriceless.And Deer OU812 try not to lump everybody in the same catagory. I too bow hunt but this year did not have the luck of the past. The deer I shotmonday was the first deer i shot with a gun. Did not have a digital cam yesterday so when we get film back I will scan and post a pic.

Deer_OU812 11-30-2005 01:58 PM

Hotburn76,
Congrats to you and your nephew on your deer !
I can't wait for my nephews to go out deer hunting with me also ,cause i have daugher and she to young to out deer hunting yet ,

OU812

OhioHunter222 12-02-2005 02:49 PM

yea we should show those indiana hunters what ohio is all about......lol
i havent seen anything ive been hunting all bow season and im leavin to go gun hunting in a minute lol good luck