Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 pic of new potential indiana world record >

pic of new potential indiana world record

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

pic of new potential indiana world record

Old 11-30-2005, 09:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: pic of new potential indiana world record

Hmmm, if this is true it sounds like dad popped a second buck and ran out and bought a tag for his boy.
"Dad, will you take my deer to have it checked in. I`m going back to the house for a nap."
I doubt theres a hunter in Indiana that wouldnt want to check a deer like that in.

I`m not trying to start anything or accuse anyone of wrongdoing, but I`m sure I`ll get bashed anyway.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:34 AM

All very good questions. That deer (providing it was not a penned escape) belonged to the citizens of Indiana prior to it's harvest. Therefore we have every right to ask these questions. I truely hope it is all legit, it would be great press for Indiana.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:11 AM

I can just see another situation coming about like the Mitch Rompala ordeal... hold on to your hats, boys and girls, it could get UGLY! [8D]
Old 12-05-2005, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

There are some bruisers running around Indiana now. I've personally seen 2 this year that would have gone over 200 easy. One is a large non-typical that I'd put in the 240-260 class and another is a very large typical with 2 kickers that I'd put 200-210, guess the kickers would make him non-typical but he does not have a narly rack its similar to the one that is the main event of this topic. I've also seen the pics of the deer you are talking about in person and its a nice deer but no where world record size i'd put it at 180-190. I've seen the pic you guys have on here plus there are a few other angles.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:16 PM

i think everyone needs a Boone and Crockett scoring 101 class here..the chance of seeing a buck over 200" even in the best hunting areas is once in a lifetime. i dont doubt indiana has good deer, but seeing even 2 or 3 bucks over 150" in one field would be extremely rare. either everyone here has got their deer on steroids or you guys just have no clue on how to field judge deer..

Old 12-07-2005, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

"i dont doubt indiana has good deer"

I take it you haven't hunted Indiana in the last ½ dozen years? I saw a couple nice deer this year. Last year a 190 class 11pt was taken right across the road from where we hunt...the same deer I saw opening day last year chasing does. This year I took a nice buck..and saw a couple after that that were much bigger...140 at the bare minimum.

Sure, you're from Wisco..big deal. Been there...hunted it...saw nothing to make me say Indiana is worthless and has no good deer. I hunted Adams Co and La Crosse Co...saw nice deer..but nothing aw inspiring.

I'll stick with the hidden jewel of Indiana. 5 deer this year for me.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pat Curtis

Let me run that through my "BS translator"........

He saw a few bucks...one was big...possibly a 190. The others might have been 140 class or so.

haha ur pretty good at translating because thats exactly what i was thinking lol
Old 12-08-2005, 03:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great minds think alike.

Damn, that "wink" sure looks gay...in fact...just about all of these emo's do.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

The pic explains enough... that is one big deer, flat out... I couldn't even imagine seeing a deer like that in the wild...
Old 12-08-2005, 04:47 AM
Fork Horn

I never said the deer I saw were in the same field. I hunt all over the entire state.