Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 pic of new potential indiana world record >

pic of new potential indiana world record

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

pic of new potential indiana world record

Old 11-24-2005, 08:37 PM

Default RE: pic of new potential indiana world record

Like I said...or thought I said...they were fighting...did I say that I say all of them in the field at the same time? If I did, I didn't mean that. I didn't see them all at the same time. They kept running each other out of the field. I'm guessing 290...they weren't probably all that big, but there were at least two that were...the others were like probably...200-210 ish....It was hard to tell except for those two...they were over 200 hundred yards away. Sorry for the confusion!
Old 11-25-2005, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let me run that through my "BS translator"........

He saw a few bucks...one was big...possibly a 190. The others might have been 140 class or so.

Old 11-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Was he talking 190 inches or pounds?
Old 11-30-2005, 05:27 AM

This deer harvest was first reported by the president of the Indiana Deer Hhunters Association, on the site they own.

The IDHA president reported that this deer will flirt with the world record.

The deer was checked in at The Outdoorsman, in Greenwood, IN

The successfull hunter failed to show up at the check station and sent his dad in with the deer (as the story goes).

Further......

The license the deer was checked with was purchased AFTER the start of General Firearms, and was gun killed less than 24 hours after the license purchase. The deer was not checked for almost 48 hours after the reported kill.

The deer was reportedkilled in the area of Morgantown, IN

It is also reported that the father who checked the deer, had already checked a buck deer during Indiana's early archery portion of the deer season.

Indiana is currently under a temporary One Buck Per Deer Season Rule.

Old 11-30-2005, 05:29 AM

A color picture of the deer can be viewed at:

http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com/index.cgi?board=deerhunting&action=display&amp ;thread=1132334280&page=6
Old 11-30-2005, 07:30 AM
Spike

pretty sure he is talking about pounds and not inches
Old 11-30-2005, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jberryx24

indiana..? no way u saw ten deer 290.. not even ten deer closed to 290 in indiana or even anywhere. Especially in the same field.>? they would have faught every minute untill one left the area or died... there is no way
I got news for ya bud, there are a lot of deer over 290 in Indiana. Yeah maybe his story may be exaggerated. But Indiana is becoming a state to rival with these days. If you paid attention to the **** coming out of our state maybe you'd know this.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowtech die hard

ORIGINAL: Jberryx24

indiana..? no way u saw ten deer 290.. not even ten deer closed to 290 in indiana or even anywhere. Especially in the same field.>? they would have faught every minute untill one left the area or died... there is no way
I got news for ya bud, there are a lot of deer over 290 in Indiana. Yeah maybe his story may be exaggerated. But Indiana is becoming a state to rival with these days. If you paid attention to the **** coming out of our state maybe you'd know this.
I'm sorry for that. I'm eating my own words here. I ment 190 my apologies. I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention. That's my bad bro. I meant 190. I agree with ya about 290. I doubt there's very many that big out there. The guy who wrote that though probably also meant 190 though. Once again, that's my bad. Sorry about that.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I laughed when I read your first post...out loud...
Old 11-30-2005, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

The license the deer was checked with was purchased AFTER the start of General Firearms, and was gun killed less than 24 hours after the license purchase. The deer was not checked for almost 48 hours after the reported kill.
Why didnt he just do what everyone else does and purchase the boys tag BEFORE the season to avoid any speculation? I thought you had to check a deer in before 24 hours after killing it?

I seen the original post on this deer. Looked like somebody was just wanting some traffic to the website. He told the story without having any hard facts himself, then blasted everyone else for talking about it all over the net and creating rumors. What did he expect? You had to name that site if you copied the post anywhere on the net. Very Ironic if the stories about this deer are true considering the OBR.

Quick Reply: pic of new potential indiana world record

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.