Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Let's see those Wisconsin bucks. >

Let's see those Wisconsin bucks.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Let's see those Wisconsin bucks.

Old 01-16-2006, 08:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Let's see those Wisconsin bucks.

Both those bucks were shot in Vernon County, WI. This past season was the 4th year for our lease. I lease the property with one other person and throughout the years it seems to slowly be getting better, although the pressure around our lease property is getting higher...not because people know about are bucks, just has been happening.

I live in the center of MI's Upper Peninsula and although we can get bucks this big in the area, the deer herd is much smaller, the antlers grow a little slower, and the buck age structure is very poor with a mix of about 70-80% public land. I'd say it's harder to shoot a 2.5 year old up here, than a 3.5, maybe even a 4.5 year old down where our lease is.

Looking forward to taking care of our stands and shed hunting in the next few weeks.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

2003 LaCrosse county 10 pt.30-30 T/C Contender.

Old 01-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

2004 LaCrosse county 10 pt.30-06.

Old 01-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Y'all have some dandy Wisconsin bucks.Lets see some more.
This is my 1985 Lax cty 15 pointer taken with a 12 guage.

Old 01-18-2006, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wrack Master, you sure have some dandy bucks... Wow them things are incredible!!
Old 01-18-2006, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

Got to love WI!!!

2002 WI bow buck:

Here is my 2003 WI bow buck:

2003 WI rifle:

Here is my 2004 WI buck:

Old 01-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, Jeff, that is all I can manage to say. Them are the mostbeautiful bucks I have ever seen someone consecutively take year after year!
Old 01-18-2006, 02:10 PM
Typical Buck

Some of my friends around here refer to me as the "luckiest hunter they have ever known"....I know my luck will run out one of these years, but I'm enjoying it while I can and always look forward to hunting in WI! I've hunted all over MI, including wilderness public land in the U.P., private land in the U.P., lower MI ag land, lower MI public land, forested lower MI private land..for 19 total deer seasons, but just these bucks I've harvested in the past 4 years are more big bucks than I've seen in MI during my entire life, let alone hunting season. It's no wonder more and more hunters are leaving MI to hunt in the surrounding states.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't say your lucky. You seem like a dang good hunter to me with those trophies! You sure have hunted alot of area. I wish I had an oppurtunity to hunt that many different places. I mainly just hunt the West L.P. area or the Central U.P. area. I don't mind when people hunt other states because they aren't hunting by me! Again, congrast on those awesome bucks!!
Old 01-18-2006, 03:27 PM
Typical Buck

I live in the Central U.P. now and own land with my house that I hunt on, and then I hunt the public land too. I love the U.P....but I wish the hunting was as good as where I hunt in WI! I also hunt the public land in PA for rifle every year and that is a great hunt! No bait, no blinds, no ATV's, and a large portion of the public land is shut off to vehicle use with gates...basically any "dead-end". The deer population has been shrinking, but the bucks are getting older and you can wander for hours without running into another hunter if you get off the road a ways. It is fun hunting other areas though...hope you get a chance to do so someday because it's great to have new experiences and see what some of the other states have to offer..even if it's on public land.

Quick Reply: Let's see those Wisconsin bucks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.