Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 SOuthern INdiana Bucks not moving >

SOuthern INdiana Bucks not moving

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

SOuthern INdiana Bucks not moving

Old 11-19-2005, 03:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default SOuthern INdiana Bucks not moving

Been Hunting for the paasfew days and the bucks have seem to shut down. I figured with the cold weather that has come upon us that they would be moving really well. Anyo anything?ne else seeing
Old 11-19-2005, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: SOuthern INdiana Bucks not moving

hunt in the afernoon. about 10-2 i killed a 10pt yeserday at 11:30 am
i think the moon has them messed up.
good luck
Old 11-20-2005, 03:34 AM
Typical Buck

Trophy I know with the new moon they will feed alot more during the night because it is so bright. I just haven't seen to many moving.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

im hunting souithern indiana as well and this weekend all i saw were little bucks. i thought th ebig bucks would of been moving. where r u guys hunting in indiana?
Old 11-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have read a lot of reports of very little deer movement overall for this weekend. I was out this morning for the heck of it, i got a doe tag left but wasnt going to use it today anyway and i didnt see a thing. The woods was dead. I have never had much luck with full moons. I got a buck Thursday around 4pm, but he wasnt a big one. I havent seen a big buck since the last week of October. I did see a couple nice ones at the processors though. There calling for snow almost every day this week up here in the northern part of the state. The moon will be right too this week so you should start seeing some better movement in daylight hours i would think. Just keep at it.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt in clark county, washington county;floyd county,crawford county. THe most bucks I have seen was the week before gun season. 6 bucks in 4 hours in western claqrk county. I went to crawford county(english) and saw 6 does in 9 hours today.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

i hunt riply and jefferson counties.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:30 AM
Typical Buck

I hunted Jefferson/Switzerland and only does. Did see one nice one at Ol Pleasant Deer Processing. A girl shot it her first one. It was nice
Old 11-21-2005, 05:42 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: trophy hunter

hunt in the afernoon. about 10-2 i killed a 10pt yeserday at 11:30 am
i think the moon has them messed up.good luck
What's far more likely is that all of the larger bucks are currently shacked up with a doe doing their thing , it happens every year about this time . Most of the does will be bred by the opening of muzzleloader , so the boys will be prowling for strays then . Be patient , Thanksgiving week is always slow .
Old 11-25-2005, 06:06 PM

Well, hate to say this, but the movement up north has been minimal if little at all. I have seen three nice bucks chasing doe, but that was in early archery, I don't know, this year they are just messed up! I haven't seen jack-squat since opening day of shotgun season. I haven't harvested a deer yet this year....Hoping to get one either tomorrow, or Sunday if the weather holds off!

Quick Reply: SOuthern INdiana Bucks not moving

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.