Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 ANY OHIO ACTIVITY >

ANY OHIO ACTIVITY

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ANY OHIO ACTIVITY

Old 10-24-2005, 04:49 PM

Default RE: ANY OHIO ACTIVITY

I found more rubs than i did last week ,

ou812
Old 10-25-2005, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks fellas lets keep are selves posted on the activity out there!
Old 10-25-2005, 05:12 PM

Hunting in Ashtabula county. All this weather is killin me!! Saw a small basket rack Saturday morning hunkered down in the rain but nothin else.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:53 AM

I'm planning a trip to Gallia Co, Nov 7-11. Does anyone think I'll be there for the peak?
Old 10-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Fork Horn

Yesterday I drove from Mt Vernon through Millersburg up to Canton and back for work, I saw 4 bucks either crossing the the road or standing beside it, and another 8 unlucky ones dead in the ditch.. I would say things are warming up slightly here in North Central Ohio
Old 10-27-2005, 01:33 PM

Went out this morning seen seven does by 8:30. Seen first buck at 9:00 trotting from my woods to the adjacent woods would not respond to doe bleats or rattling. Then the same buck came out of the woods about 45 min. later tried to rattle him only but he would look up and walk off. Had to get home so after he made it past the tree line got on my back pack and started out of the tree. Made it half way down the tree and a little six point came out of the woods grunting. Obviously got out of the tree to soon after i rattled. Tried to work my way back up the tree but when a deer is only 40 yards away and your half way down you might as well be singing and dancing. Better luck tonight.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:53 PM

No luck tonight. Hopefully the morning will be as active as todays was.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:52 AM

Sunday morning saw 3 total, I think maybe one buck. Did someone hit a switch Sunday evening? Saw 14 does, and 2 confirmed bucks (one nice one).
Monday evening saw 4 bucks, 2 shooters (one of which was a freaking toad, huge!) and I lost count on the does.
Different spot for Tuesday morning went out for a little while, saw one walking to my spot. Sat for anhour and headed out (stupid rain), counted 12 scrapes on the way out! Afterwards, I was driving to a buddy’s house and saw two bucks following a mature doe out in a field. They made sure she never got out of site.
Weds. evening same spot from Tues., saw seven total. 2 confirmed bucks, one of which had a solid main beam growing down below his jaw line and close to his ear, and had 3 pts on the other side. Ugly looking to say the least!
Observations: Full moon phase ended I think Sat. nightlast weekend,and the temp. dropped big time too. Looks to me that maybe pre-rut is defiantly heating up.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:08 PM

I have hunted about every afternoon at a couple different spots this week and the bucks are starting to chase does around. Have seen a couple really nice bucks chase does around in the field at dark. Get ready!!!
Old 10-29-2005, 01:21 AM

it been great! 11 of my 14 clients have bagged deer this year. 7 being bucks and 4 being 8 points or more including a nice 12. I will be posting pics this week some time.

Quick Reply: ANY OHIO ACTIVITY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.