Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 ANY OHIO ACTIVITY >

ANY OHIO ACTIVITY

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ANY OHIO ACTIVITY

Old 10-20-2005, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default ANY OHIO ACTIVITY

HELLO FELLOW BUCKEYES. . . WHAT HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN SEEING OUT THERE AS FAR AS BUCK ACITIVITY? I HAVE SEEN A TON OF DOES WITH SOME MINOR BUCKS, NOTHING TO IMPRESSIVE THOUGH. I HAVE BEEN SEEING MORE AND MORE SCRAPES THIS PAST WEEK. I THINK WITH THIS WEATHER STARTING TO TURN THIS WEEKEND MIGHT BE A GREAT TIME. FINALLY FOR THOSE OF YOU GOING OUT THIS WEEKEND, HOW LONG WILL YOU BE SITTING IN YOUR BLINDS OR STANDS? THANKS FELLAS/FELLETS!
Old 10-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ANY OHIO ACTIVITY

I have seen a couple nice bucks rough housing in the foodplots on the farm. I have also noticed the number of rubs and scraps really increasing in size and use, thats it from mount vernon
Old 10-20-2005, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am hunting off of 23 between cbus and delaware.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

no kidding I was raised and lived on 315 between hyatts and home rd, boy that area along 315 and 23 has changed sincethe mid 80's
Old 10-20-2005, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt an area on the east side of 23 just north of shanahan road. and a peice on the west side of 23 boarding the boy scout camp on the north side!
Old 10-20-2005, 07:34 PM

Went out on just this last Monday evening tomy favoritehoney hole. I took a really good friend of mine with me, which I usally do not dowith this place. Usally just me and my father, and thats it. Anyway, I saw 6 total deer for the night. One decent buck, and the rest I thought were does, I thought that is. I saw all these deer out in a power line right way, and there was one that I thought was a really big doe, really big. Well turns out, that deer was a buck from what my buddy told me. It was getting pretty dark out, and was hard to see that far away. My buddy was sitting on the same power line, about 200 yards away from me. He said that "big" doe was a 10pt, probaly a 140-150", and had a very heavy rack. I knew right then this a buck that I have seen in the past few years. Been watching him since he was a 6pt, big six. Anyway, so yes I/we have been seeing some buck activity. Just not a ton yet, but I do agree this weekend should be the turning point. Good luck to you guys!
Old 10-21-2005, 12:58 PM

Seen a few smaller bucks in my area. Have a couple a really nice ones where I hunt. Hope to get a good shot on one.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:53 AM

Have seen a few smaller bucks and tons of does. Scrapes are blowing up though.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:10 PM

Been seeing lots of does and small bucks but no shooters yet. scrapes are starting to pick up alot this last week. Seen a nice ten point that i am wanting to get, but no luck yet.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

My buddy was out in Miami CTY this past Sunday morning. Had four young bucks following a doe. He also had a basket 6 pt and a wider 8 pt with little tine's fighting near him. All activity stopped by 0830. Does are far from being ready and it was just the younger deer moving.

Quick Reply: ANY OHIO ACTIVITY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.