Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Any pre rut activity in Illinois ? >

Any pre rut activity in Illinois ?

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Any pre rut activity in Illinois ?

Old 10-10-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Any pre rut activity in Illinois ?

You boys in central and southern Illinois seeing anything hapening ?
The other night I did some light rattling and a 130" 8pt and a spiker cane in about 20-25 mins later. Seems a little early but I don't know if they were even responding or not.

Old 10-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any pre rut activity in Illinois ?

i watched two bucks chase does back and forth across a bean field for about an hour saturday morning and was watching two different sets of bucks fighting in the same field tonight , the first two fought for about twenty minutes ,kicking up one hell of a dust cloud , till finally the one broke and ran away
Old 10-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Typical Buck

My buddy called today and said he saw two shooter bucks sparing during the Youth Doe Hunt recently. THis was in Carroll County.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:41 PM

have had numerous 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 year oldbucks chasing and searching fordoes... making field scraps ... had 2 bucks fighting in field.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just got back from youth doe hunt in Willianson county and were in Johnson county, too. Didn't see deer physically doing anything, but did find a real good scape on edge of bean field in Johnson. Bucks are by themselves now though.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

Personally the scrapes on the field edges are more territorial than rutting scrapes...When you start finding them in the timber I would say your seeing some pre-rut activity....JMO and I have been wrong before and will be again....That I'm sure of!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen any type of activity...Mostly pattern activity...Feed and bed!!! Adams/Hancock Counties....
Old 10-12-2005, 08:38 AM

I've noticed the younger bucks scraping pretty good in my area. I found a good scrape line in my timber so I set up my cam for a week. I had all young bucks(about 10 diff.) hitting the scrapes regularly. The big ones are still pretty relaxed.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

i was at a private nature preserve today lokking for mushrooms , ,no hunting is allowed there . i found an area probably 300 yards long that had more scrapes and rubs than i ever saw before in one area , found several scrapes that were still wet from being worked , and found several 8 to 10 inch trees that were tore up
Old 10-13-2005, 06:47 PM

Broadhead Bob,

Are you coming out to Carroll This year. That beer is still on.
Talk to you soon.

We have not seen much yet. Corn is just starting to get cut.

Rob

Old 10-15-2005, 09:05 AM

I live in Carroll County..... I havn't seen any rut activity yet but I have heard some people say they have seen a little.

Quick Reply: Any pre rut activity in Illinois ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.