Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

kshunter

Old 10-03-2002, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default kshunter

What department do you work in at Cabelas? I've been there a few times but didn't know where to look you up. Been hunting yet?
Old 10-03-2002, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: kshunter

I work in the hunting department. I'm gun, optics, or gps area. Just ask anybody in the hunting dept. for Joey, they all know me. Today is my day off for the week, kinda nice to relax.

Nope I haven't been hunting, I don't have any places nearby to hunt. All my spots are about 2 1/2 hours away. But I have semester break for 12 days at the end of the month and 1st week of Nov. so I took them all off work to go and bowhunt. My told my father to talk to a few local famers around the area for permission again to hunt some their land. 3 of my best bowhunting spots from last year, got hurt from lumberjacks who took dozens of semi-loads of lumber out and in other spots clear-cut more timber for farmground. But I still have a couple honey-hole spots that will be just as good as the past years.

My father also wants to come along with me and possibly hunt. He's never shot a bow before but we have an extra PSE that's nice and already rigged up, ready to go, that with some practice mabey I could get him in front of a deer for a kill. He won't go by himself hunting, but when I come back, he usually goes. Makes it even more enjoyable.
Visit My Hunting Page
Old 10-03-2002, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

You been doing some bowhunting... Which direction from KC do you hunt?
Visit My Hunting Page
Old 10-04-2002, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

I do most of my hunting along the Missouri River on the Kansas side from about 67th street to 77th street. As a crow flies it is about 5-7 miles NE of Cabelas. Are you familiar with Wyandotte County Lake? I hunt just East of there. I have not had a chance to get out and sit in a stand yet but intend to on Sunday and Monday. Now that this front has pushed through it is absolutely beautiful outside and perfect for bowhunting!
Old 10-04-2002, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

kshunter, how do you like working for Cabela's so far? I worked for them for 3 1/2 years before I packed up and moved my wife and son back to our hometown. It's a great company to work for and I'd give my left leg for them to build a store in NE Ohio, but I won't hold my breath.
Old 10-04-2002, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love working there. It's a great company to work for. Actually I think the next store they're building is going to be in Ohio, not sure what part though, but I heard it'll be the biggest by far. They're trying to expand eastward.
Visit My Hunting Page