Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 No checkin stations for Illinois? >

No checkin stations for Illinois?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

No checkin stations for Illinois?

Old 07-31-2005, 12:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default No checkin stations for Illinois?

Is it true we call in our deer on the phone instead of going to a checkin station this year? to me thats just dumb. people could say they shot a doe and really got a buck then go on to shoot another buck. And what about the deer pins? i always liked those lol. hope we dont have to pay for them like we do turkey pins now[:-]
Old 07-31-2005, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: No checkin stations for Illinois?

Here you go, pg.11/12 lower rt. corner in orange.
http://www.dnr.state.il.us/admin/systems/Digest/2005_digest.pdf
Old 07-31-2005, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Missouri started this last year for landowners, this year sounds like it will be for everyone. Was talking to a conservation officer last thursday, and she wanted to know what I thought of it. I told her pretty much the same, that it opens the door for illegal taken deer. She agreed, but didn't seem to bother her all that much. Maybe it's because of such a high population of deer here that their not all that worried about it.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, it's going to seem weird with no check stations! The boys all look forward to walking the line after dark and checking out the deer, hearing the stories, etc...

I think the phone in can tempt some into doing things they shouldn't. Like hunting where they please and then phoning it in. They could hunt in county or area they don't have a permit for and then phoning it in. Could be hundreds of miles away from where they're supposed to be.

Another thing is...........cell phone service down in southern IL really leaves alot to be desired.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:39 PM

i think it is insanenot having them. i've posted about this many times on here before and am not going to write my huge page of reasons not liking it.

Old 07-31-2005, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

You thought the lines at check stations were long!! Wait till opening day of gun season and try getting through on the phone lines!!
Old 07-31-2005, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

I thought they were keeping check stations for the shotgun hunts.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:29 PM

There will be checkstations for the counties that are monitoring CWD during shotgun season... Those will be the only ones this year.. Yep, the phone lines will be a disaster for the rest of the state during gun season, won't be partaking this year in shotgun most likely (Unless I do a landowner permit) since I declined to apply for any county since I might be relocating before hunting season...
Old 07-31-2005, 11:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you want a pin, I think you have to mail in a form.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

If you want a pin, I think you have to mail in a form.
thats what i was not wanting to happen lol. do you know if we have to pay for them at all? we probably do with our governer we have[:@]Turkey pins are outa control i think i was 8$ for a little pin. Heck i pay that for the archery turkey permit itself!

Quick Reply: No checkin stations for Illinois?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.