Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Fred Trost

Old 07-30-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Fred Trost

Any one from Michigan know what happened to Fred Trost. One minute he had 8 shows to go and the next his show was cancelled. He said that the show was cancelled due to a lack of participation in hunting and fishing, but there has to be more to it than that. Any body heard anything?
Old 07-30-2005, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Fred Trost

I don't know anything, but his show was getting lamer and lamer... It used to be a hunting show, but it turned into a stupid show...lol... But I did like him... I wonder what happened too...
Old 07-31-2005, 10:38 AM

Haven't heard much on him lately maybe you should try his website practialsportsman.org.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:28 AM

Haven't heard much on him lately maybe you should try his website practialsportsman.org
His web site was always crappy, now that he's making a pathetic attempt to make money off it its even worse.

I did find this though.

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101014
Old 08-01-2005, 08:33 PM

I agree the show went downhill over the years. It seemed like all he cared about was legal aspects and he didn't blend it well. I used to watch it all the time but haven't in the last 5 or so years. Michigan out of doors is still on track but I don't watch it much anymore either
Old 08-04-2005, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

I am thinking that maybe the original question should be re-phrased. Instead of "Does anyone know what happened to Fred Trost"....it might have been something like "Does anyone care what happened to Fred Trost"..har har
Old 08-04-2005, 07:42 AM

Does anyone care what happened to Fred Trost
It was something to watch, thats about it. Sometimes better than others. I always TiVO'd it, that way I could fast forward through the crappy parts. Basically the thing I think that is most important about him being gone, is that he was a big supporter of getting kids to hunt and fish. I also liked his approach to hunting and fishing, which was the thrill was in the activity itself, not in bagging a huge animal or trophy fish, thats a pretty good ideal not offen found in other hunting fishing programs of recent.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:24 PM

I won't miss it, hardly watched it anyway. Michigan out of doors is the only one I make a point of watching
Old 08-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to watch Trost only because it came on between Great Lakes Outdoors and MI Out of Doors. I think Trost is a real ass on a lot of issues and he used his show as a soapbox to preach to the outdoorsman on how they should act and think and vote. His kid too is just an ass as well. After the Tink's lawsuit, his show has downhill fast and then when he got his law degree, that was the true end of it because he just started to focus on legal implications instead of actually getting out and doing things. I would guess that a combination of his attitude and the poor ratings caused the demise of the show...which I am sure that few will miss.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:17 PM

Amen Mike. What part of the U.P are you from?

Quick Reply: Fred Trost

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.