Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Anti's in the Midwest >

Anti's in the Midwest

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Anti's in the Midwest

Old 07-11-2005, 11:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default Anti's in the Midwest

I was wondering how many of you have actually had met an anti in the midwest. I personally have never even heard of an anti causing any trouble or even exhisting around where I live. I would think that there would be a few around Pike County, but all the farmers and other people I talk to never mention anything about an Anti. If there is a local that is anti, its probably going to be considered a sin around these parts. 90% of the people hunt around me. The only thing that has ever came close for us is when we watched 3 people in orange from my blind. The people were on some of my buddies property and they were just blowing off rounds at nothing... Never figured it out, it was a rifle of some sort, but thats all I ever heard of it. I would have went over there, but be realistic, if someone is somewhere they know they arent supposed to be, and have a semi-automatic rifle....Im staying in the blind... But I was just curious of any occurances and/or problems with anti's here in the Midwest...
Old 07-12-2005, 01:33 AM

Default RE: Anti's in the Midwest

I ahve experinced some anti's a few times while deer hunting...The worst was during the week of the 9 day deer hunt. I was hunting where I have been for the past 11 years..I was walking out to the area I hunt with my family (bout a mile hike from our camp)..One of my uncles noticed just a huge pack of blaze orangeabout 400 yards behind us..Thought they were drivers..Well we got out eh binoculars and we noticed they didnt have any guns or tags..We counted 34 people..As I got settled in for the morning hunt, I start to hear alot of people yelling and making lots of noise..Sure ****..It was that group walking through the woods trying to scare deer away from hunters..They were yelling..Deer hunting is cruel..You hunters should be shot...Well it backfired on them...They jumped a group of 3 does...I bagged one with my trusty Remington 870 12 guage at 75 yards and one of my uncles n cousins bagged the other two..But anyways...We see anti's yearly, but that was the worst
Old 07-12-2005, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

DeerSlayer. Did you do the right thing and make them an offering for their driving efforts. Should have let them wear some blood, too, if it was their "first deer". Ha.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:49 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

Should have let them wear some blood, too, if it was their "first deer". Ha.
I would have been very tempted to let them "wear some blood" , mainly from their noses ... [:@]
Old 07-12-2005, 09:21 AM

i was with slayer on his occurance. they also had a 4-wheeler and were riding it along the edge of the woods non stop. it was pissing us off more than we had been pissed off in a long time while hunting.

what you and your dad should of done was set up some type of trip wire where they would walk. that way you could watch them b@st@rds fall on their faces.

Zach
Old 07-12-2005, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I personally haven't met one. But over the past weekend, I was driving through Wichita, and saw a billboard with a Dog that had a fish hook in it. It said something like, if you won't do this to your dog, then why do it to a fish? I chuckled a little. I know if that sign were around my hometown, it'd take about 2 days before you'd see 200 bullet holes through it....
Old 07-12-2005, 03:47 PM

I really didnt say to much when they walked directly pass me, I was too busy getting ready to field dress her, but i did give a thanks n a lil smarta$$ grin...It looked like a few of them were gonna puke from all the blood..Direct heart hit..hehe It was a shame too, there werea few hotties with them that i wanted to hit on..hahaha
Old 07-12-2005, 10:17 PM

I've seen them in the upper peninsula before. They stay long enough for the TV cameras, short enough to miss an angry Packer fan with an unused deer tag.

I meet a lot more anti's at work. My office cube is posted with about 50 pics of me hunting and standing over very dead looking deer and other cute critters. Hardley a week goes by without at least one complaint about all the carnage pics.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:20 PM
Typical Buck

Well.....I've met a few in the past four years. I've been going to UofI in Champaign and there's a lot of students from the Chicago area. Some of them are anti-hunting and anit-gun. (not trying to be stereotypical here) But, almost all of my friends from Chicagoland are actually intrigued that I hunt and do a lot of shootingand ask me questions and whatnot. Also, I'm actually on the trap & skeet team and there's quite a few members that are from around Chicago.Don't get me wrong butI have had a few confrontations with some anti's (I'd consider them more ignorant than anti-hunting) but I put them in there place so bad that we ended up "somewhat" friends later on. haha
Old 07-13-2005, 06:05 PM

i havnt seen any antis around here a few horses and bird watchers but no antis of course there not suposed to be there its closed to trailriding and other stuff during hunting season of course a few places dont open for hunting till later in the season

Quick Reply: Anti's in the Midwest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.