Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisconsin Archers >

Wisconsin Archers

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin Archers

Old 07-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wisconsin Archers

Would any of you be willing to give me info on where I could archery hunt your state? I know, I am from Minnesotaand have never hunted your state. But one deer here in Minnesota doesn't cut it for me and would like to hunt your state for the first time. Where would be the best choice for public land? I am willing to put in the legwork to see good deer. Thanks for any info.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wisconsin Archers

Tribal, You can try the Chequamagon National Forest Lands in northwest Wisconsin somewhere around the town of Cable Wisconsin. Lots if public lands with a good supply of deer, some are trophy class.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Tribal,
The public lands where I shoot most of my bucks is in S.E. Wisconsin, however there is an awesome public marsh real close to
Minnasota in the famous buffalo county. It is like 12000 acres or something like that, real nasty and thick, but worth an effort. Here is a link from a Wisc. forum about that marsh with a map.
http://www.bloodbro.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=397&sid=ffe6b09b75dd89f6f4fa91 db656c39cb
Old 07-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys for the generous info.Promising outlook after what I have read.I will will be locating maps for both places, and hopefully make a trip there this fall. If anyone else has more info please list it I will check back.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:17 AM

I would look into Buffalo or Dunn county. They are always taking out record book deer in there every year. I don't know about how much public land is in those counties, but i would look there if you are looking to harvest a trophy buck.