HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Ohio Scouting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/100503-ohio-scouting.html)

hunohio 05-17-2005 08:49 AM

Ohio Scouting

It's been pretty quiet around here among the Ohio folks. Just curious whether anyone has been out scouting for deer and what you've seen, or whether everyone's just focused on turkeys for now.

johndeer44 05-17-2005 09:35 AM

RE: Ohio Scouting

SW Ohio here. I plan on startin to look around in the next few weeks on the public land and then I'll hit the private land.

hunohio 05-17-2005 12:07 PM

I've been wanting to get out to SE Ohio for over a month now, but it seems something always comes up (e.g. wife or kids need something done) on those days when I thought I would have time. Wonder if they'd like to go on a vacation without me so I could do a little scouting!

johndeer44 05-18-2005 08:00 AM

LOL you'll find some time eventually to get out. Enjoy the vacation with them.

Deer_OU812 05-18-2005 01:52 PM

In NW Ohio
I was scouting during turkey season and i walked back to my hunting area and i saw big wallow and hole where i put salt block from last year ,deers still getting at it ,now i need put a new block in ,i see more trails near my tree stand .wow
Looking forward to deer season again !

OU812

hunohio 05-18-2005 10:09 PM

Deer_OU812 - Sounds like you've got an active spot. Can't wait for October to role around.

Deer_OU812 05-19-2005 01:42 PM

yes i do and thanks ,
can't wait for deer walking thru this fall !
looking forward

OU812

hunohio 05-21-2005 07:42 PM

I finally got out today with my youngest daughter. Saw a lot of sign in areas where I normally don't see much of anything and found some nice spots to focus on this fall. More importantly, had a great time with my daughter, who is becoming quite the archer.

nodog 05-22-2005 06:00 PM

I've been at it for a month here in N.W. More deer than I've ever seen in Wood and Hancock county. I do wonder if any will be left. There getting run over. I'm looking forward to this season but not to quickly. I need a good long hot summer to warm up. :D

bowhuntinoh 05-23-2005 05:02 AM

went out sunday with my bird dog found some nice tracks looks promising this year i hope to start getting pics soon

Deer_OU812 05-23-2005 03:06 PM

Yesterday i drop another salt block and i do see nice trails toward the block ,i got spook a pheasant, i didn't see where it was ,it scare the **** of me ,ha

OU812

hunohio 05-23-2005 05:09 PM

When you get some pictures, be sure to share them with us.

TURKEY FAN 05-24-2005 01:43 PM

BROWN AND HIGHLAND COUNTY. checked on the food plots, they have been hitting it already!! Gota put some protection up! The herds seem healthy, and there are plenty of button bucks this year so that tells me we done our job last year with getting the right kind of does to harvest(the kind that have bucks!):D I always know where the does are going to be and where the bachelor groups hang-out, and when the rut is on where the big boys will be, its just the same thing every year i am very blessed.
They like to hangout here as well.

johndeer44 05-24-2005 01:45 PM

hamilton county here turkey

johndeer44 05-24-2005 01:46 PM

beautiful setup you have there.

TURKEY FAN 05-24-2005 01:46 PM

and here.
under my stand.

TURKEY FAN 05-24-2005 01:54 PM

yea they just come right to me every year!!:D
It never fails, been doing it since i was 12years old, deer are creatures of habit, and i have a habit of killing them!!

can you see this deer by the cedar??;)

Cedarswamp1 05-24-2005 05:38 PM

I am looking for some ideas on where to start my scouting. I am from upstate NY the adirondack reagion. I have heard how great your hunting in Ohio is, Me and my son would like to experence it. I have found from my reserch so far the south east reagion has the best chances . Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. I could offer a swap hunt possibly in the adirondack mountains. Please E-mail me with info.@ [email protected]

Thanks Paul

Deer_OU812 05-24-2005 05:48 PM

Nice shots ! i never have taken a camera with me during hunt ,
nice

OU812

johndeer44 05-24-2005 07:10 PM

i see him right there by that big pine

johndeer44 05-24-2005 07:11 PM

like that Summit? lol I got one too.

TURKEY FAN 05-25-2005 08:13 AM

Summits ROCK!! I love that deer stand, will woller with summit stands is a stand up guy too, i can call him if i need anything and the customer service is unbeatable!!
I always take a digital camera with me to the field during deer season
or i couldnt take pics like these!!:D

TURKEY FAN 05-25-2005 08:14 AM

This was a great day to be in the stand, turkeys and deer were just every where on this day, ill never forget it!!:(

TURKEY FAN 05-25-2005 08:17 AM

I hunt in hamilton county too JOhndeer44. where about you hunt? I hunt along old blue rock road off of ronald reagan highway:D

johndeer44 05-25-2005 09:53 AM

lol I live about 10 mins away from there lol. I always wondered how that area was. Seems like it be perfect area for mature bucks as well as the does too. I don't have anywhere down here to hunt, I have a small area up outside of xenia ohio I can bowhunt but I've been trying to find something closer to home. Those are some beautiful pics you took of the sunrise and sunset! Looking at those makes you appreciate what the good LORD has blessed us with.

bowhuntinoh 05-28-2005 06:12 PM

i hope i dont forget my camera next year i got a new lens for my 35 mm and got a digital finaly

TURKEY FAN 06-01-2005 09:16 AM

Hey Les, glad to see your still up and kicking!! I cant wait to get out there with those doves again in fallsville, you going??

logs 06-02-2005 12:16 PM

I have hunted in southeast Ohio, near Deersville, Tappan (sp) Lake area.
Now I did not have anyone do any serious scouting for me. I UPS a stand down to the guy I was to hunt with and he hung it on a piece of property he did not have permission to hunt. The land owner took the stand. I didn't want it back and told the fellow who hung it to keep it. The land owner gave him a warning and the stand back. Luckly for the treaspasser he did not get arrested. But I digress.
I know a few spots in that area and I will not be hunting there in the near future. If anyone wants to PM me I'll be more than happy to give them some info on the area and local land owners:D

bowhuntinoh 06-07-2005 05:25 AM

hey turkeyfan yah i took the week off to go this year ill b there