Member Memorial A place to remember and honor our departed members. They are gone but not forgotten.

RIP T.shaffer

Old 01-10-2021, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

Default RIP T.shaffer

Tom, t.shaffer , passed away on 01/07/21.

He posted mostly in the muzzleloader, midwest, and Northeast sections of the forum. He went into the hospital on the 27th of December with some type of infection they were never able to figure out.

I've been lucky to spend some time hunting with Tom over the last few seasons including the last time on December 19th. He was a good guy.

I'll get an obituary posted when it's posted online.

-Jake
Old 01-10-2021, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

sorry to hear of his passing,
My condolences to his family!
Old 01-10-2021, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

Another good one gone. I'm sorry for your loss Jake. This stuff isn't easy. Condolences and prayers for T.Shaffer, his family and friends.
Old 01-10-2021, 04:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

I got to know Tom thru both Jake and HNI. We talked several times on the phone this past year. We were going to hunt together in Ohio this year but due to his and his wife's health issues I told him to concentrate on the health issues first. But through our conversations I know he is home with our Lord.
Old 01-10-2021, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Well said Bronko and I like your signature.
Old 01-11-2021, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

Tom loved to hunt and shot allot of deer over the years. This year he thought he may not be able to hunt due to the cancer and having a port in his shoulder, he couldn't shoot a rifle. He was able to track down and borrow a .44 revolver with a scope on it and took a big doe during Ohio's gun week. The guys he was hunting with helped him out and Tom said it felt like he was at "one of them big whitetail ranches" since he didn't have to gut, drag, or do anything else. One of them even picked up the tab on the processing fee to help him out. He was thankful.

When I hunted with him on the 19th of December I didn't really feel like going. I could only hunt a half day because my wife was graduating from nursing school that evening, and I'd have to get up at 4am to get there on time. But I decided to get up at 4 and go. I ended up taking a doe and we had a good hunt. Tom saw the doe I took, but it was too far for him. Glad I got to go and hunt with him.

Tom called that night and wanted on speaker phone to tell my wife congratulations. That's the kinda guy he was. I still don't see an obituary posted yet. When I see one I'll get it posted here.

-Jake
Old 01-30-2021, 10:00 PM
Typical Buck

Jake, Tom and i grew up in the same town. knew his family well. about fell off my chair when i read your post. his dad and brothers and my brother and i plus a few others used to hunt small game. especially rabbits. ill have to get in touch with his brothers that still live in Avonmore, Pa. what a shock.
Old 01-31-2021, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

I was never able to find an obituary.

-Jake
Old 02-04-2021, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

Jake, i couldnt find an obituary for Tom either. the family didnt put one in any of the local papers in my area either. ill let you know if i happen to find one.
Old 04-11-2021, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Tom's memorial service yesterday. It was nice to meet some of the family and they had a good service for him.

Tom would have gotten a good laugh out of the m&ms.

-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.