Member Memorial A place to remember and honor our departed members. They are gone but not forgotten.

R.I.P. Cayugad ~ Update

Old 10-21-2017, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

That man was 100% upmost-kind with me, covering almost 15 years now
He seemed to have the highest respect from all posters - on any muzzleloader forum where his name registered. He never 'looked down' on anyone, nor said anything negative about anyone in his posts.

If there's a Muzzleloader Heaven, Dave's in it and already declared a Blackpowder Saint.

Now I wonder what will happen to a large, vast number of fine-fine muzzleloaders he owned. Dave has many-many blackpowder guns that most of us would drool over. I would hate to see the family sell them at well-below-value.

Last edited by GoexBlackhorn; 10-21-2017 at 06:32 AM.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

Very few are able to reach out and touch people they have never met in a positive,meaningful manner- luckily for us, Cayugad was one of those few.

RIP.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

My heart just sank! I'm guilty of not frequenting the hunting/shooting sites during the offseason as I'm busy with family, fishing & boats. So to log in today & just now realize a true gentleman has left us, this news really sux! I've enjoyed posting with Dave on several sites for well over a decade. Like others, I never had the honor of meeting Dave face to face but over the years of posts & IMs, I'd come to consider him like a ol huntn bud who lives many miles away but I always knew we'd catch up each fall. Just the other day I bought a spare/backup/guest muzzleloader (TC Impact) & I was eagerly looking forward to Dave's input on loads & use.

Here's to you Dave, THANK YOU SIR, your contributions & gentlemanly manner online is a great example for ALL of us! May your powder no longer foul & hang fires NEVER occur!
Old 11-30-2017, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just seeing this thread. What a terrible shame, he will most certainly be missed. A big part of my success with muzzleloaders was due to the advice he freely gave. He was always supportive and generous with his knowledge.

Rest in Peace Dave and thank you.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just found this thread. I cant hardly believe it. I thoroughly enjoyed reading his posts on here over the years, a man full of muzzleloading information. I don't get on here like I use to, but still check in from time to time. You'll be missed Dave, rest in peace.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't stopped in for awhile. When I do, I always visit the Muzzle forums to see what Dave C. has to say. I didn't see any recent posts from Dave?? I knew something was up. I'm really saddened to hear of his passing. When I think about Hunting.Net, I always think of Dave. Think about Smoke Poles and Dave comes to mind. He was the 'Go To Guy' at HN. Always a True Gentleman - A First Class Guy. God Bless you Dave. R.I.P. Al D.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

Always enjoyed his advice in BP. When i bought my first BP sidelock 15 years ago, Cayugad's advice was my only source of info. and it was always one-the-money. He literally taught me how to handle my BP rifle through the BP forum.
May God bless you and keep you Cayugad,,, rest in peace...
Old 11-29-2018, 10:43 AM
Typical Buck

Every time I hit the range-especially in the snow, I find myself thinking of Cayugad and fire one off in his memory...
Old 12-04-2018, 02:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am sorry to hear this news and wish to pass along my thoughts and prayers to his family and friends..