Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Member Memorial
RIP SuperHunt54--You Will Be Missed Greatly!!! >

RIP SuperHunt54--You Will Be Missed Greatly!!!

Member Memorial A place to remember and honor our departed members. They are gone but not forgotten.

RIP SuperHunt54--You Will Be Missed Greatly!!!

Old 04-01-2017, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Default RIP SuperHunt54--You Will Be Missed Greatly!!!

The sad news was originally cross-posted in a few forums by bronko22000 (see one of those links below). We heard the sad news that SuperHunt54 had suffered a stroke and was on life support. Many of us posted prayers, well wishes and support. Bronko22000 then got the dreaded update from SuperHunt54's family (see link below again) and posted the sad news.

SuperHunt54 (Lynn) was one of those members who brought a wealth of knowledge and was willing to share it with anybody who asked. He was a lot of fun to post and banter with and was a standup guy. I once edited a primer on hunting for him and was totally blown away at the depth of his hunting knowledge and experiences. Reading it was just like reading his posts--you felt like you were sitting around a campfire jawing back and forth and getting to hear something really useful and interesting.

I never got to meet SuperHunt54 in person but did get to know him through his posts and PMs and considered him an online friend. I am totally saddened to hear of his passing and there will definitely be an empty space at HNI's roundtable.

Prayers are sent for SH, his family and friends. May God forgive his sins, bless SH and keep him safe in Heaven and may God bless all of SuperHunt54's family and friends with his Holy Spirit in this distressing time of need. God speed my friend!

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns...-posted-3.html

p.s. This topic will remain in this forum permanently (as will all the others). Anybody wishing to add is more than welcome to do so.

Last edited by CalHunter; 04-01-2017 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

His passing is a great loss to this board.
I know nobody gets out alive, but why do we lose the good ones too early?
Old 04-02-2017, 01:55 AM
Dominant Buck

SH was a mountain of a man who stood long on principle. His knowledge about archery and hunting/ guns was remarkable. He was always willing to share his opinions and experiences. May he RIP.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

In the short time I've conversed with Lynn I had a connection with him. The same connection I have with a couple other members. I came to rely on him for accurate information and we were emailing back and forth about loading black powder cartridges. I wasn't anyone "special" to him. Its just that his son found me in the emails and asked if I would pass on the information to all of you.
SH54 will be missed for sure on here. God bless him and comfort the family in this difficult time.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

RIP Super, condolences to the family, prayers sent from the house of
RR
Old 04-02-2017, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Bronko, I would have to disagree. SH evidently did find you special, enough to help with BP loads and emails. Time is a precious commodity for all of us, whether we realize it or not. He obviously felt it was worth the time to share with you. And that would tend to make it special.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:21 PM
Dominant Buck

I have looked at a few of the recent threads some of which still have SH's posts and it makes me sad. He has my ultimate respect for the way he handled himself and the way he shared his vast knowledge. I just know he had to be a good man.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander View Post
I have looked at a few of the recent threads some of which still have SH's posts and it makes me sad. He has my ultimate respect for the way he handled himself and the way he shared his vast knowledge. I just know he had to be a good man.
I don't think there is any member with the wide range of knowledge Lynn had on so many things from archery, to shooting, to reloading. He was a real asset and I hope he's having fun with our Lord up there now!
Old 05-05-2017, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

My apologies for not seeing this posting. I am new to forums and such but I'm catching on. First of all, Mr. Bronkoski, you were special to the old man. You and a couple of others on here had his respect. That was not something the old man gave out lightly at all. He was a solid hard ass Marine through and through. He really liked bantering with many of the people on here. He would chatter on about so and so being thick headed and getting the giggles just talking about it with me when sitting out in the yard watching my twins wrestle around in the snow trying their best to kill each other. Always good for a laugh there. Then there was NoMercy. I don't even think dad knew his real name but he said the kid reminded him of Michael, one of my younger brothers, in that the kid was smarter than most of the people he knew and not a bit shy about letting you know what was on his mind. I have always been the quiet one of all of the kids but Michael was the one that would flat out put anyone in their place with the intelligence to back his smart mouth up. Champlain Islander, I know for a fact the old man really liked you. I don't know if he said anything to you but he was actually thinking about taking a trip up your direction this summer to do something he rarely did. Go fishing. He liked deep sea fishing a good bit though he hadn't been in a while except for a couple of Alaskan trips he would fish a day or 2 then fly over to his moose spots. Ridge Runner, I know he respected your knowledge about long range rigs. I don't know if you know this about him but he was a champion shooter back in the 70's and 80's and could still hold his own at 1000 yard matches up to his last days. I know the Corps tried for years to get him to come back just to teach at Lejeune but at the time he had Deb and I and he wanted a better life for his kids than what he could give us on that meager salary. All said and done, the man lived 3 lifetimes in his almost 72 years. He worked hard and played harder. If he wanted something, he worked hard to get it. He built 2 companies from the ground up with hard work and dedication. Raised 5 kids to be respectful adults in a world where respect is hard to find. He had a good life and will be missed by us all.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

May his memory be eternal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.