HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Member Memorial (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/member-memorial-165/)
-   -   R.I.P. Rebel Hog (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/member-memorial/400709-r-i-p-rebel-hog.html)

Champlain Islander 08-16-2015 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck7 (Post 4213116)
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/memb...-rebel-hog.jpg

Heres a pic of MTHands, Chuck7, Rebel Hog and REb's wife..

Thank you Chuck for that wonderful picture. Reb was a solid guy with some strong principles and it showed by his posts. I will always remember him. Respect given willingly with little or no hesitation.

Chuck7 08-16-2015 03:58 PM

Welcome Sir Islander.

Ruger-Redhawk 08-17-2015 05:18 AM

I'm very sadden to read this. I've been a member here for several years, unfortunately I'm not able drop in very often like I once did.
Rebel Hog and I emailed back and forth several times over the years. He was always more than willing to help if you had a question about most anything.

I stopped in here a month or so ago when I noticed he hadn't been here since last year which wasn't like him. When I saw that I knew something had to be wrong.
When I was still living in FL we didn't live that far away from each other but we never met face to face. Then I moved and we lost touch.
R.I.P. Friend until we meet again.

Chuck7 08-18-2015 02:07 PM

Reb was awesome...very friendly..we communicated a lot. First time we met he gave me 4 fishing poles. MTHands gave me a box of bass jigs...and Strut sent me a new muzzleloader, LaCroose Boots and 1 1/2 white tail deers processed by UPS....some very generous men on here...to say the least. The deer was sent by 1 day air mail.

Ruger-Redhawk 08-20-2015 06:20 AM

I posted Rebel Hog's Obit the other day then I deleted it. I wasn't sure if it was against the rules or if it was appropriate or not. I was contacted by a moderator and he said it was not against the forums rules. I didn't realize anybody had already seen it when I deleted it. It was only on for a few minutes. Anyway here's Rebel Hogs Obit.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/spt...1144&fhid=8212

Chuck7 08-20-2015 03:31 PM

just one more boast about Reb...When I got here..I couldn't stand the guy.We were on the religious forum..argued all the time..THEN we met face to face..{--; and became very good friends..He drew me maps on areas to hunt because I was new to FL hunting when I joined Hunting,net..I actually joined here to look for a hook up and gain some FL tips..I got both. Reb has a special Facebook HNI group and invited me there..He has taken me under his wing and was up ALL night long..whenever I posted he was always there. He just got his first grandson about 6 months ago..very sad. He was a baptist but was very open to other Christian beliefs..We had no problems of any kind. He was very kind and warm hearted. I met twice with him at restaurants...He was an advid hog hunter...and die hard Christian..We were actually planning another restaurant hook up....but his time came.

Champlain Islander 08-20-2015 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck7 (Post 4214001)
just one more boast about Reb...When I got here..I couldn't stand the guy.We were on the religious forum..argued all the time..THEN we met face to face..{--; and became very good friends..He drew me maps on areas to hunt because I was new to FL hunting when I joined Hunting,net..I actually joined here to look for a hook up and gain some FL tips..I got both. Reb has a special Facebook HNI group and invited me there..He has taken me under his wing and was up ALL night long..whenever I posted he was always there. He just got his first grandson about 6 months ago..very sad. He was a baptist but was very open to other Christian beliefs..We had no problems of any kind. He was very kind and warm hearted. I met twice with him at restaurants...He was an advid hog hunter...and die hard Christian..We were actually planning another restaurant hook up....but his time came.

I wouldn't worry about it Chuck. You did him right and so did he. You both through slightly differing faiths decided there was room for a relationship. It was the perfect relationship. Enjoy your afterlife Reb.

buckman11 08-21-2015 09:12 AM

Terrible news! Happening far too much around here lately. RIP Old friend. He will be missed. :(

CalHunter 08-21-2015 09:09 PM

For those of you wondering why the change of forums for Reb's memorial, this new forum has been designed as a permanent place for memorial topics honoring fallen members.

CalHunter

RPD63 08-22-2015 09:59 AM

Sorry to hear about Reb. Although we lived very close together, we never had the chance to meet. I had never hunted this particular WMA that I drew and he went out of his way to give me some very good pointers. He was a class act and will be missed.
R.I.P. sir.