Member Memorial A place to remember and honor our departed members. They are gone but not forgotten.

RIP Rickmur

Old 05-30-2015, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had to come back to comment on this post. Rick was one of the most incredible guys I've ever met. I had the privilege of going to NASCAR races at Dover with him. The man had never met me before (except on here) and opened his home up to me and my friend to spend the night if we wanted to because of heavy traffic. (We didn't need to, as it played out) but the generosity that man displayed at all times will never be forgotten. You will be missed RIP Rickmur and say hi to Davidmil
Old 05-30-2015, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rest in peace Rickmur.

I remember that he was always willing to
contribute and give an honest opinion.
Passionate and resolute. Can only imagine
the sorrow this family is going through. A tragedy.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

This thread made me think of the many good members we had that we haven't heard from in a long, long time...... he used to be called mdbohuntr also.
Attached Thumbnails RIP Rickmur-cardeers-pic.jpg  
Old 05-30-2015, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Never heard of the man until now, but it sounds like he was a winner in all facets of life! RIP Sir!
Old 05-30-2015, 01:04 PM
Bartender

Is cardeer still around? That necklace of mine he sent years ago has been nothing but good luck to me.
Originally Posted by Sswpriz View Post
This thread made me think of the many good members we had that we haven't heard from in a long, long time...... he used to be called mdbohuntr also.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

A dear friend of mine, I rode all over Del with him and Sherri looking for a home when they bought near me.. Rick used to come and practice with his compound at my house, we set up targets in my woods for him. Have eaten a few dinners at his house, when Rick came on hunting net he was MDbowhunter, went over to WV and helped Doug on his cabin. Went to Harrisburg sportsman show with him, went to Davidmils wife's viewig with him,he will be missed by me for sure.......
Old 05-30-2015, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just started coming back to HN after a long time away. Sad news...

I too was wondering about Cardeer - I've misplaced my amulet and have been going crazy for 2 days trying to find it...

S&R
Old 05-30-2015, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

RIP Rick and may God comfort your family and friends.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

So sad. RIP Buddy!!!
Old 06-01-2015, 01:52 AM
Dominant Buck

This is indeed sad news and one which forced me to briefly come out of HNI retirement. I never got to meet Rick but when I finally started to post here so many years ago he and Davidmil were a couple of the cornerstones of the site. Over the years I shared many threads and PM's with both and have fond memories of those times. Rest in peace Rick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.