Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Land for Sale or Lease
Want to hog hunt with my kids >

Want to hog hunt with my kids

Land for Sale or Lease Post your hunting land for sale here!

Want to hog hunt with my kids

Old 12-16-2019, 12:11 PM
Spike

Default Want to hog hunt with my kids

I have twin boy and girl 13 years old. I live in Land O Lakes, FL and I really want to find a lease that I can put up a feeder and teach my kids to hunt hogs with a compound bow. I spoke with a guy in BassPro and he said he leases in Perry Florida and he hunts twice a month. Said ne usually gets a few each time. Really want to find a lease that I could do the same. Spending time with my kids is my main objective. I used to hunt in MN when I was a kid. Had told them stories about my hunts and recently they came to me and said they want to hunt.
Old 12-31-2019, 11:43 AM
Spike

Cost of hunting lease in lower half of Florida is crazy. Any place within 2 hour drive from Miami, Tampa or Orlando will have high demand so prices will be high. Leases south of Orlando area will start at $4k per year and go up to $12k. North of Ocala you can find leases for $2k per year.
Old 01-02-2020, 01:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by toddhog View Post
I have twin boy and girl 13 years old. I live in Land O Lakes, FL and I really want to find a lease that I can put up a feeder and teach my kids to hunt hogs with a compound bow. I spoke with a guy in BassPro and he said he leases in Perry Florida and he hunts twice a month. Said ne usually gets a few each time. Really want to find a lease that I could do the same. Spending time with my kids is my main objective. I used to hunt in MN when I was a kid. Had told them stories about my hunts and recently they came to me and said they want to hunt.
Check around and talk to citrus orchard owners, I would be surprised if you did not find a place that would allow you to hunt for free. Hogs are a problem for them.
Old 01-02-2020, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
Check around and talk to citrus orchard owners, I would be surprised if you did not find a place that would allow you to hunt for free. Hogs are a problem for them.
times are changing....

-Jake
Old 01-05-2020, 09:43 AM
Spike

I hunt public land in FL, and have taken 2 smaller hogs but my suggestion would be teach them the proper skills and techniques and then take them to a pay to hunt place, many reasonable places in FL. I only suggest this because you could spend a lot of time in the field and not see a thing, usually a turnoff for most kids. Another suggestion is just start talking to people and you never know what you'll find. I met someone through a friend of a friend with 2 - 5 acres bordering WMA, he had feeders set up and let us spend an evening hunting.....for free (nice campfire, eating, socializing and hunting) we saw hogs but didn't get a shot opportunity, had a great time and were invited back any time. Believe me, there are people out there. Good Luck.