Community
Land for Sale or Lease Post your hunting land for sale here!

Lease Prices

Old 04-22-2019, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default Lease Prices

Curious as to lease prices across the country....if you care to share for price for hunting, what animal(s), how many acres, that sort of thing.....I pay between $3 to close to $5 an acre for elk, deer, bear and turkey, along with trout fishing here in Montana, the higher amount is for more acres, and excellent fishing all year long, one ranch is 6500 acres, the other 12,500. No lodging is involved in the ranches I hunt. I have seen folks looking for $5000 per hunter for whitetails in some hotbeds of hunting for them, different strokes for different folks I say.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Are you leasing to guide or just to hunt them yourself?
Old 04-24-2019, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

I am no outfitter, I provide NO services, just a lease of the ranch, usually for a period of one week. The people subleasing are responsible for all logistics of hunts, I show them the property lines and that is about it. MOGA , Montana Outfitters and Guide Association has a strong lobby here in Montana and laws are very strict in what a non outfitter can do, basically can provide no services for monetary gain.