Community
Land for Sale or Lease Post your hunting land for sale here!

397 acres for lease

Old 09-09-2008, 07:42 AM

Default RE: 397 acres for lease

No way that leased. Even a city boy wouldnt pay that.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Typical Buck

well who ever leased it, there an idiot. the way real estate is going you could get 10 guys together and buy that land and spend the same amount. granted you would have to spend that every year but at least you wouldnt have to deal with a third grader saying ha ha ha ha i got your money every day. oh yah and it would be yours to do with what you wanted.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

I doubt it ever leased plus for some reason we never got a location where this land was located. I am guessing just another stupid scammer.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think this is the same guy who had some other land to lease somewhere in upstate New York a while back. I would think that if you are anywhere near a metropolitan area in that part of the country, you will eventually get your asking price.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I call BS.

I hunt the best county in Indiana and pay $600 for 90 acres. That dude's on meth.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Pat,

You do realize that if you were within an hour's drive of a metroplitan center in New York you would probably be paying 600 bucks to hunt 9 acres of land instead of 90.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm within a couple hours drive from Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Cincy, Indy, Columbus...nobody around here would pay¼that much. My in-law's in west central Wisconsin wouldn't get that, and they've hosted several athletes, movie stars, politicians,and television shows over their thousands of acres.

I just don't understand why someone would pay that much, when you can BUY that much land here in NE Indiana for that price over the course of 15 years. Lease the farm land out, and have it to yourself to hunt P&Y deer year after year. Why someone would invest that much money for renting property for 1 year is beyond me.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Big difference between an hour's drive and a couple hours drive. I am a couple hours drive from St. Louis and hunting ground leases for about 20 an acre. Some spots within an hour's drive of St. Louis goes for twice that. So, just imagine if you are close in to New York city or Buffalo. I'm not saying that i like it, but the fact is that for someone living in a certain area of New York who does not want to move to Indiana to buy land, it is probably viewed as an okay deal. Its never too much if you can find someone willing to pay the price.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lanse - I live and hunt south of Syracuse and work from Albany to Buffalo.
Am part of 3 different leases and know of scores of others.
I have heard of no property going for even half of what he claims.
Possible it happened, but very very unlikely.

Steve

Old 10-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I never did see where this land was?[&:]

45 bucks an acre in some places is normal. I have seen farms in pike county Illinois lease for up to 100 bucks an acre for hunting rights![:-]

12 years ago, timbered land in pike county was still selling for around 400 an acre, and you could lease hunting rights for 5 bucks an acre.

Today that same land sells for 5-7 thousand an acre, and they get it every day.

Quick Reply: 397 acres for lease

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.