Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Land for Sale or Lease
 62 ACRES FOR SALE IN SOUTHERN OHIO >

62 ACRES FOR SALE IN SOUTHERN OHIO

Land for Sale or Lease Post your hunting land for sale here!

62 ACRES FOR SALE IN SOUTHERN OHIO

Old 01-25-2009, 07:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 62 ACRES FOR SALE IN SOUTHERN OHIO

The land has been on the market for 6 months now, even after the price was dropped significantly. So, apparently, folks in the area don't view it as a steal. The real estate market and economy are in the toilet, and prime hunting ground that sold for $2500 to $3000 an acre a year ago is now going unsold with the price under $2K an acre. Dunno about intelligence, but it is nice to have an idea of the value and marketability of land in the present.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lanse...Just had a buddy buy 44 acres that joins Wayne Nat'l for $30k. That's a whale of a deal. I'm in north central Ohio...so I forget what county, (Monroe, I think) but I saw the deed and the papers that he signed. I think the address is Brownsville. He wants me to buy half from him and then I'll have the 44 acres plus the 4,000 public land that it butts up to.

I think I'm in. I already own a farm in WV, but this is a deal that is too sweet to pass up. Only bad thing is that we're going to have to put in a 300' right of way through another property to get to ours...but some dozer work and gravel comes pretty cheap.

I guess the moral of my story is that this land was listed at $49,900 last year. The guy dropped the price to $30k...no less. He called...set up a time and wrote a check. I found the land for him on swisslands.com...and NO, I'm not plugging their site.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:52 AM

Deerturkeygirl, hang in there. You have to get your property out to as many people as you can, by whatever method you can.
In my opinion, unless a person is a prospective buyer who wants to make an offer, there is no reason to get into an argument with someone who probably can not buyanyway.

Good luck with your sale!!

Mike.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well, this is a discussion board where folks love to argue. If folks don't want to have their prices criticized by those who choose to offer the opinion that the price may be inflated under current circumstances, it would be wise to simply list a description of the property and tell those who are interested to PM. Otherwise, you get a thread like this one. And you are certainly correct that I cannot afford to buy the property, but then again neither can anyone else considering how long it has been on the market.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:45 PM

You know, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Supply and demand dictate value, not price. When the value exceeds the price, there is a sale. Perhaps this property that deerturkeygirl wishes to sellwill bethe most wonderful place since heaven in someones eyes. And until she markets the property to enough people to find that someone, the property will sit unsold. You can not have demand for something if no one knows about it.
So foranyone who is not in the market to purchase, who I assume has notseen this place for themselves,to go on the attack about her pricing is premature at best. No matter how long it has been on the market. Anyone can give anything away quickly.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well, i've said it before; ifa selleris willing to wait long enough someone will eventually come along who is willing to pay the price.Some folks just have to be willing towait much longer than others for that to happen
Old 02-21-2009, 02:32 PM

Thanks Mike for all your moral support!!!We really haven't advertised this except on a few sites, once in the paper and that's about it. Once again I offeranyone to search the market and compare what we have to offer at that price after looking at our property and if they find a better deal, Iwould buy it. We are not making a killing on that price with the equipment and buildings and all the improvements so we are not outto hose someone. We feel this is a fair price, yes we would've liked to ask more but the economy is downfalling and we are trying to accomodate. I appreciate all those who have supported me and those who haven't well, I am sorry you feel the way you do. One other thing, I read a few of the other posts and someone is askingabout5,000 an acre for land in "the hunters paradise" andlcchasn't even commented!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Think he's kinda fond of this thread????????
Old 02-23-2009, 08:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've actually shopped for land in Champaign County and my ex-girlfriend's family recently sold off some land just to the west of there.Landpriceson the edge of the greater Dayton area areincredibly high, even with the drop in real estate.

To repeat, if you are willing to wait long enough, you will get someone to get your price. It all depends on how long your are willing to wait.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:50 AM

First of all, I hardly believe anyone would pay 5,000 an acre for just naked land anywhere, but oh well!!!!!!!!!! Anyway just wanted to let everyone know the property is SOLD and we got what we were asking, so I guess the right person just came along and in there eyes it truly is Heaven. Thanks to all who supported me and those who bashed me well,[:-]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well,somefolks here can hardly believe that someone would pay $3K an acre for land in southern Ohio, butlike I said, if folks are willing to wait long enough, they generally get reasonably close to their asking price. Congrats, you get the money and the last laugh.

Quick Reply: 62 ACRES FOR SALE IN SOUTHERN OHIO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.