Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Land for Sale or Lease
 Good place to find a hunting lease in Indiana? >

Good place to find a hunting lease in Indiana?

Community
Land for Sale or Lease Post your hunting land for sale here!

Good place to find a hunting lease in Indiana?

Old 11-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Spike

Default RE: Good place to find a hunting lease in Indiana?

Right now we hunt with some friends down around Westport14days outof the year, but they have said that when my niece starts hunting on her own there might not be enough room for all three of us.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator

The best way to find land to hunt is to still knock on doors. All they can say is no. Buddy of mine just moved to Illinois from Indiana, knocked on a few doors and asked respectfully. He found some good land to hunt.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:55 AM
Typical Buck

If I didnt have a place right now myself I would do a couple of things. I would go around Jefferson/Switzerland Co to all these little stores and put an add up. Free Labor. I would volunteer to help out the farmers every year. Give them 20 hours a week during planting, hay time or harvesting time. I would also put an add in the paper with the same thing.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:54 PM

I am blessed I know I own 80 acres in S.E. Indiana along the boarder of ohio and dearborn county I can tell you what not to do as I get people each year that show up at my door the day before deer season and ask thats a easy NO! If you do ask early the chance would be better. Offer some work or goods in trade. I have a few guys that hunt here and they gave me and my wife a nice dinner out. easy to be nice the hours before the hunt but show up early out of season and that always goes far and offer to help. And always offer some of the kill. People who I have let hunt here dont follow these simple things are never asked back.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

they put a gyro in Terre haute by me and it sucks dry meat slow service
and they cost twice as much as anyware else
ORIGINAL: Parrot Head

Good ol Grant County. Spent 4 years there during college. Still love King Gyros.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

just have to meet the right person

i had a roofer come out and did a estimate for my roof and. I said well come oct 1st will be in the woods not the house he said he had 40 acres i could hunt.

And i just talked to a guy on here that has 240 acres i meant get to hunt next season if he does not sell it

also do not just say hey can i hunt your land ask if you can help around the farm or the land. and anyhelp they need

ORIGINAL: woundedbuck

Just curious if anyone on here has any ideas on where I could find a hunting lease here in IN. Any input or stories of how you found land to lease or hunt would be helpful. My brother and myself are looking for a place to lease or for permission to hunt with my niece.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

all great ideas also slip a add in the paper most papers have free ads if you are not selling something
ORIGINAL: Parrot Head

If I didnt have a place right now myself I would do a couple of things. I would go around Jefferson/Switzerland Co to all these little stores and put an add up. Free Labor. I would volunteer to help out the farmers every year. Give them 20 hours a week during planting, hay time or harvesting time. I would also put an add in the paper with the same thing.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

www.huntclubservices.net Robert Skinner and Tom Conely are friends of mine that have some IN properties. There website also has private leases listed.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

were is your land I am in Sullivan 47882 I am willing to help wit land food plots so on.
I hunted a guys land in the 07 season
And am sure he would give me a good reference

ORIGINAL: meat_eater

I am blessed I know I own 80 acres in S.E. Indiana along the boarder of ohio and dearborn county I can tell you what not to do as I get people each year that show up at my door the day before deer season and ask thats a easy NO! If you do ask early the chance would be better. Offer some work or goods in trade. I have a few guys that hunt here and they gave me and my wife a nice dinner out. easy to be nice the hours before the hunt but show up early out of season and that always goes far and offer to help. And always offer some of the kill. People who I have let hunt here dont follow these simple things are never asked back.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:55 PM

I tried to PM you but your PM in box is full

Quick Reply: Good place to find a hunting lease in Indiana?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.