Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Land for Sale or Lease
 40 Acres Buck Slayin Illinois Timber >

40 Acres Buck Slayin Illinois Timber

Community
Land for Sale or Lease Post your hunting land for sale here!

40 Acres Buck Slayin Illinois Timber

Old 08-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Spike

Default 40 Acres Buck Slayin Illinois Timber

40 Acres of Illinois Timber for sale....visit www.illinoishuntingland4sale.com
Old 08-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 40 Acres Buck Slayin Illinois Timber

Prettysteep for that area, but more power to you if you can get it.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Spike

Yeah, some might say that if you're not from around here. My Pop's an attorney in Coles County and he's closing land deals for more, rough ground not producing. As mentioned in the ad, there is timber you can make some money off of too. If a fella knows how to select timber it, you can actually make it producing land for some time to come. tops of those trees make great habitat for deer and turkey.

The genetics in this area are world class - this timber is located very close to some of the biggest bucks killed in Illinois, as well as the U.S. I'm selling because there is 80 acres of timber next to my homestead that I really want to buy. Unfortunately, this land has to sell to make this happen.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

a few questions how close is it to marshell il and does it have a public road that goes by it or is there a chance of someone trying to land lock you also is 3750 your best price and have you ever taken deer off of the land you can email me at 317 536 5396
Old 08-27-2007, 07:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm from Richland County just south of you, and have fairly recently bought land in the area and have been keeping an eye on the land market in southeast Illinois. A 24.5 acre tract of land that sounds very similar to yours is currently for sale in northern Richland for $2500 an acre and has been on the market for a while. $1900 to $2500 is pretty much the rule around here with mixed farmland and timber getting around $3000. I guess maybe being closer to Champaign or Charleston makes it worth the 1000 an acre hike. If you can get that pricethen fine,it just sounds kind of steep for that general area. Of course I can believe anything given how wacky land prices have gotten. A few years ago I paid 1300 an acre for 19 acres that sounds like a smaller version of your tract.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

I'm from around Marshall, Il and went to school at EIU, and the price for wooded acres is anywhere from 1500 to 2500/acre. Ocassionally you'll get a crazy offer due to want, but the auctions have shown that land has reached its peak for hunting and has showed a slight decline...... Recently seen 150 acres split up tracts avg. 1650 for non-tillable.. Seems like alot of people are losing land due to foreclosure..... not being able to make the payments on their hunting property!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Spike

Boys, buck up and make an offer. The ad reads OBO, that stands for "or best offer". I've only received one phone call from any of you that are commenting. I'm wondering if you are truly in the market to buy something, or just addicted to this site. Don't think for a minute I'm advertising the only price I'd take. It's called negotiating. As the ad reads, there's timber to be had (timber = $$$), nice bucks to be killed. If you're into those two things, call me and we can discuss it. Good luck finding any decent hunting ground in that doesn't flood and only holds acorn eating ozark style bucks in Illinois for under $2,500.00 an acre. Good luck finding 40 acres as remote as this that provides a home site with city water for under $2,500.00 an acre in Illinois. Again, make an offer, that is, if you're serious.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well darn, I guess all of Richland, Crawford, and Jasper counties consists of flooded timber and midget bucks

I don't necessarily agree that land prices have peaked and declined. But, i do think that they have slowed down a bit. Land that was getting snapped up for 1500 to 2000 an acre is staying on the market much longer now that some of itis in the 2000 to 2500 range. Of course, thewhole decline in real estate likely plays a role. But,the land is still worth whatever the folks from upstate or out of state are willing to pay. You get a couple of out of towners in a bidding war and cluckngrunt is liable to get 4K an acre and have the last laugh.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

The way real estate is right now he'll be lucky if he gets 2000 an acre.
I have 5 parcels for sale in Fla ,they are not selling.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

I am not sure where everyone is from, but I live in Northwest IL on the border with IA and anything that resembles hunting land is fetching nearly $3000 if not more at times. I am sure you are aware a lot of times a group of hunters will go in on land and don't mind paying the higher price since they are splitting it multiples ways. Anyway, why not hold out for top dollar if you don't have to sell for some pressing reason. Who wouldn't want a great price and nobody is forcing anyone to buy it.

Quick Reply: 40 Acres Buck Slayin Illinois Timber

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.