Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Industry News
Ruger Newsroom - May 15, 2018 >

Ruger Newsroom - May 15, 2018

Community
Industry News What's new in the hunting world? Advertisers, PM IBrshao your industry news and press releases for publication.

Ruger Newsroom - May 15, 2018

Old 05-15-2018, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Default Ruger Newsroom - May 15, 2018

View Our Corporate Brand Video

Since our founding in 1949, Ruger has become an iconic symbol of success as a manufacturer of rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. Check out our corporate brand video to learn more about both the valued history and bright future of Ruger.

GP100® Match Champion™ in 10mm Auto

The GP100® Match Champion™ in 10mm Auto's factory-tuned action and ergonomic enhancements delivers fast, accurate shots and takes the popular GP100® to the next level.

Turnbull Bisley™ Blackhawk®: A Perfect Storm of Perfection »
American Handgunner

Ruger Reveals 10mm Revolvers »
Guns & Ammo

No Changes: Ruger Responds to Shareholder Proposal »
American Rifleman

Buy Now Distributor Exclusives:
LCP® with Reduced Moon Shine Camo® Serenity™ Grip FrameModel: 3764Caliber: 380 AutoCapacity: 6+1Available: Gallery of GunsLearn More »
Buy Now »
Featured Distributor Exclusives:
10/22® Sporter with Engraved Eagle StockModel: 21199Caliber: 22 LRCapacity: 10
Available: TALO
Learn More »
Old 05-15-2018, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

The semi auto cartidges in revolvers never interested me. Already so many great revolver cartridges. Reloaders like it I suppose, less dies. Maybe 9mm cause you can get it in bulk. But I don't get this. THe 10mm itsn't all that popular in semi auto. Not saying its hard to find, but not all that common.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the manufacturers are desperately trying to *make* the 10mm happen, again. They're trying to market full-sized handguns as hunting weapons that are less punishing and have a higher rate of fire and capacity than a .44 magnum revolver. As far as bear defense is concerned, I cannot see why people think they can get more than 4 shots off *at the most* on an attacking bear.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:10 PM
Typical Buck

But if you are going use a revolver for bear, why not 44 mag?

If they made a semi auto that could feed 44 mag, I might be interested. Though I am a revolver man.