Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Industry News
New Savage 110 Bear Hunter Delivers Superior Stopping Power on the Toughest Big Game >

New Savage 110 Bear Hunter Delivers Superior Stopping Power on the Toughest Big Game

Community
Industry News What's new in the hunting world? Advertisers, PM IBrshao your industry news and press releases for publication.

New Savage 110 Bear Hunter Delivers Superior Stopping Power on the Toughest Big Game

Old 04-16-2018, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Default New Savage 110 Bear Hunter Delivers Superior Stopping Power on the Toughest Big Game

WESTFIELD, Massachusetts – April 16, 2018 – The new 110 Bear Hunter from Savage delivers steadfast performance and superior stopping power against tough game and even tougher conditions. Shipments of these firearms are currently being delivered to dealers.

The 110 Bear Hunter’s revolutionary AccuFit system lets shooters easily customize the length-of-pull and comb height for a personalized fit, while the user-adjustable AccuTrigger system offers a crisp, clean pull and prevents the firearm from discharging if jarred or dropped.

Together with the AccuStock, which cradles the action three-dimensionally along its entire length, the 110 Bear Hunter provides the fit and function of a custom rifle—right out of the box. Plus, its 23-inch stainless steel fluted barrel is button-rifled, fitted with an adjustable muzzle brake and cradled securely inside a Mossy Oak Break-Up Country synthetic stock.

For a full version of the press release and a hi-res image, please click on the link below:

http://media.vistaoutdoor.com/p/SA/972.aspx.

For new product sheets and high-resolution images on these new products, access the online press kit: http://media.vistaoutdoor.com/pressk...earHunter.aspx.

CONTACTS:
JJ Reich
Communications Manager
Firearms and Ammunition

Jake Edson
Communications Manager
Optics and Hunt/Archery Products

Kristen Veverka
Communications Manager
Tactical Products and Shooting Accessories

Vista Outdoor Inc.
www.vistaoutdoor.com
Email: [email protected]
Media Site: media.vistaoutdoor.com
Old 04-16-2018, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

Nice rifle. Do they need any field testers?
Old 04-19-2018, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was just looking at the Model 116 Bear Hunter the other day; one professional reviewer had a hard time finding even a premium load that would do better than 1.6 MOA, on average. Maybe the shorter barrel calls for a more tailored load?
Old 04-19-2018, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by younggun308
I was just looking at the Model 116 Bear Hunter the other day; one professional reviewer had a hard time finding even a premium load that would do better than 1.6 MOA, on average. Maybe the shorter barrel calls for a more tailored load?
Maybe he writes better than he shoots...

-Jake
Old 04-21-2018, 04:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Maybe he writes better than he shoots...

-Jake
Probably shoots as bad as he writes. Especially if he thinks a 23" barrel is a "shorter" barrel. (I guess that is why younggun stated that)
Old 04-21-2018, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Isn't the barrel actually 21", with the last 2" being the muzzle break? I wouldn't expect those last 2" to have any rifling.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

I’m looking at the 110 Predator. The Adjustable stock is a very nice feature especially for a low-mid range rifle. I also like it comes standard with a threaded barrel.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:55 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by younggun308
Are you sure he is a "Professional" because he writes badly and maybe shoot badly too
Old 04-26-2018, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's the article about the 116BH; you decide:
http://www.rifleshootermag.com/rifle...6-bear-hunter/
Old 04-26-2018, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Didn't know you needed a special gun to shoot and kill bears. I wonder how all those bears died when I hit them with my regular hunting rifles? Guess I must have been lucky huh?