Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Club officers?

Old 06-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

Is that u volunteering to be treasurer tracy? My bank has free banking and good online banking. But its a local bank only.

What does the tournament director do?
Old 06-21-2013, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

A local bank will work as long as the 'officers' can access/view the acct. online.

The tournament director should pull permits, insurance and then turn in reports to the BAA and the IL DNR. (DNR wants reports on how many people were in the tournament, number of fish taken and biggest fish) It helps if the tournament director does some of the requests for door prizes too. The tournament director should also be the #1 contact for shooters who are going to call/email with questions about the tournament. It would be ideal if the tournament director makes and sends out flyers and contacts the outdoors news folks to put the word out about the tournaments. Of course, some of these jobs can be delegated out to other folks... just as long as it gets done.

There can be different tournament directors for different tournaments. It would ease the load.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Christine is right, I'll help out all I can but just cannot hold any officer position. If you want to have a IB14C I would run that for you.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

Here is what i have seen people volunteer for
President- Jared Poole
Vice President- Joe Pike (good looking guy if i might say so myself)
Treasurer- Tracy ????? (volunteered by me )
Tournament Director - im fine for random people doing each shoot just determine who when we select shoots to have ? Any objections?
Points Chairman- Ken
IB14C- Johhny B
Secretary (optional)- volunteers? Just need another person in office IMO. So we can always have at least two officers at shoots, Because we all have break downs and most likely wont be able to make every shoot. especially if we have 5-6
Old 06-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JPIKE
Here is what i have seen people volunteer for
President- Jared Poole
Vice President- Joe Pike (good looking guy if i might say so myself)
Treasurer- Tracy ????? (volunteered by me )
Tournament Director - im fine for random people doing each shoot just determine who when we select shoots to have ? Any objections?
Points Chairman- Ken
IB14C- Johhny B
Secretary (optional)- volunteers? Just need another person in office IMO. So we can always have at least two officers at shoots, Because we all have break downs and most likely wont be able to make every shoot. especially if we have 5-6
I think we can do away with the vice president and turn that position into the secretary...
Old 06-25-2013, 06:51 PM
Spike

I think this all sounds good. U guys can vote over secretary or v.p. but to me either way its the same just v.p. sounds better when promoting. so I think v.p. is better..but we all know what they do so it doesn't matter. Ill volunteer right now to be tourney director of next years state shoot for sure. so lets just make this official now and get with tracy to see if he'll accept that position and if he can set up bank account in Lincoln Illinois.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

Yea im with scratching secretary and give those responsibilities to the VP. Then if someone wants to be the sec then they dont have to do anything but can be kept informed and consulted on club decisions and help to setup shoots or events.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

Also if there is a person that wants to be the Tournament director then we could just have a different person that helps them out with each shoot?
Old 06-26-2013, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

If interested, I might still have on one of my computers, a list of over 125 members, their addresses and phone numbers from several years ago. You might consider contacting these people and see if they're interested in getting back into it. Up to you.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, I already gave Jarad that list, I had it from when I was sect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.