Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Stealing is not cool

Old 05-30-2012, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default Stealing is not cool

I received a message today from a friend. He said he found a bowfishing team that had a logo that looked like mine. I checked it out and it was indeed MY logo. Kinda ticks me off that someone who owns a very prominate car dealership in St. Louis steals logos instead of hiring a graphic designer. Let me know if anyone notices any similarities.

http://loufuszbowfishing.com/

Old 05-31-2012, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not that I don't feel for ya (because it actually sucks) but unless you have a copyright on it and it's posted on the net.. It's fair game... Hell even if you do have a copyright folks will still have their way with it... Look at Cajun Archery's logo.. That is one of the most infringed logos out there in the bowfishing community...

Maybe they have the same graphic designer that didn't want to do any more work and sold them yours.. LOL
Old 05-31-2012, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hell .. If you look at the gar shot in the middle of the arch up top... That is Ed McCormick's logo for Florida Bowfishing Charters...
Old 05-31-2012, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

No its not fair game. Its my intellectual property. Law states its mine and they cannot use it. Already talked to a lawyer. If they dont take it down like they said they would I can take action.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

Also I was the graphic designer that made mine. So If another graphic designer is selling my logo I will take action against him.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Okedoke........

Last edited by deer_predator; 05-31-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

That sucks. I see it all the time tho'.

And Ken, any original art work belongs to the artist. The copyright is automatic. Enforcing it, is something else entirely.

I've already seen our club's carp with the crossed arrows ripped off by another bowfishing group. They tweaked it a bit but it's a blatant rip off. I think it's funny.. how pathetic is stealing a design??
Old 06-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Fork Horn

looks like they took it down or at least it didnt load for me . but its bowfishing its not like theres alot of different logos most are guys shooting bows at fish they are all going to be close for the most part unless they just copied it but I do agree its sucks
Old 06-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

No it wasnt just close. They took mine and used it for their logo. Kinda ticked me off. But now they are asking me to design something for them. I dont mind helping so I will give em a hand.