Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Shelbyville results

Old 10-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shelbyville results

Well Ole Cliff & I hit shelbyville today. water was pretty clear bot the best i have seen this year. But, oh that wind. Just could not get out of it, no matter where we went. We would go into a cove with the wind in our face all the way to the back, turn around and have the wind in our face all the way back out. Plus, the crappie fishermen are out in spades. Litterly every cove we went into or wanted to go into there was one boat and the larger ones like Skull cove had 3 and one boat went all the way to the back. Of course being good ambassanders for our sport we did not crowd anyone. There were boats just every where only can imagine what it will be like tomorrow ( Saturday). I got one shot at a pretty nice 3 foot gar seen a couple more nice ones but they were up and down. forget going across from the Wolf creek ramp there was always a few crappie fishermen along hte trees there. ended up only boating 4 commons with 2 pull offs. The fish are there the wind & boats just beat us. we baled out at 2:30.