Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

BAI shoot

Old 06-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default BAI shoot

Anyone going to the Innerloc Illinois State Championship/Directors Shoot held by BAI? I seen alot of people on here shoot the illinois. Never ben up there but thinking of giving it a go. I see most people get some grassies off there and none of us have ever boated one so hopefully we could at least get some of them in the boat
Old 06-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

actually all 3 of us have not shot a grassy, silver or bighead...so hopefully at least alot of first if we make it there
Old 06-20-2011, 02:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Na... you can count OE out of those shoots :thumbsdown:
Old 06-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

well since i guess noone is going. anyone wanna give me some info on some places to shoot the illinois and how it is? i wanna win a bow LOL
Old 06-24-2011, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JPIKE View Post
...anyone wanna give me some info on some places to shoot the illinois and how it is?
I like to hit the backwaters around Banner and Havana.

Q: how it is?
A: If you thought Shelbyville was murky at the State Championship, you will think the IL river is chocolate milk. That's why I go into the backwaters. They can be a bit better.
There are lots of small grass carp and silvers a few gar a few buffalo also small we sometimes see bowfin (aka grinnel or dogfish)
Old 06-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by carpsniper View Post
I like to hit the backwaters around Banner and Havana.

Q: how it is?
A: If you thought Shelbyville was murky at the State Championship, you will think the IL river is chocolate milk. That's why I go into the backwaters. They can be a bit better.
There are lots of small grass carp and silvers a few gar a few buffalo also small we sometimes see bowfin (aka grinnel or dogfish)
I actually thoguth the state shoot was great we found some places that had 2-3 foot of clear water. But that is what i have heard is they all in the backwater or at lest that where u see them at. There alot of bigheads on the illinois?